Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but to date we have:

1. Whipple tune (stage 1) to make an amazing 80* foot pounds of torque and 30* horsepower more than stock
2. Livernois-23 need to get a new ECM peak vs. peak gains of over 83WHP and 113WTQ, with maximum gains of over 90WHP and 117WTQ
Ford Performance ecoqueef numbers

leadfoot310

Reaction score
Yea it is extremely lame… no way I’d spend that much money on a tune that gives that kind of disappointing HP gains… Should give us enough to beat the RHO… hurry up after market tuners
Agreed. I have a 2024 801A on the way and was planning on buying the FP tune for it. The tune is not currently available for 2024 and even if it was, I would not spend the money for it. I will likely cancel my 2024 order and wait until Gen 4.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would love to know what FP was thinking…

This smells to me like a bit of corp silo work, the 3.0 and 3.5 teams were sent off to make a tune to add power but still would be safe for the driveline and the two teams picked wildly different balance points. And no where was there any checkpoint on where the targets were landing till it came time to put the marketing release together.

Explains why the nonsense attempt to squeeze the biggest gain of 26hp talking point into the release vs the peak hp/tq difference.

Explains how the base 3.5 graph originally showed the same curve and peak numbers as the raptor graph, the original intent was probably to have both 3.5s on the same bump up but someone scrambled because the look wouldn’t be good and pushed the base 3.5 down to match the HO tune but didn’t clean up all the materials

3.0 team is laughing about thiswhile getting great reviewer feedback. 3.5 team scrambling while looking incompetent and tone deaf with mismatched materials and negative feedback for small gains

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bet if you do a before and after dyno run on the other tunes, you would see some major variations in power increase. Ford, can’t do that. You will get the 26, probably more. Ford has a vested interest to ensure reliability where Cobb and others have less concern for that. I have never seen a guarantee of power output, just graphs with a lot of conditions and disclaimers. Only a pro like Goose can maximize each truck. Just my opinion, have fun with it. I’ll add,, canned tunes must work for all engines