Ford Performance Air/Oil separator for 3.5L EcoBoost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Attached are photos of the FP dual oil separator installed

View attachment 462764
Do you have to empty these catch cans? I'm debating on whether or not to invest in a catch can and the idea of one sold by Ford Performance is pretty interesting to me. I installed the ID1050CC injectors a few month ago at around 20K miles and the intake manifold looked clean and didn't have any evidence of blow by.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
The carbon crap sticks to the back side of the intake valves, so you can’t tell unless looking into the ports to see the valves. …and yes, you need to check/empty it at 5k mile intervals, just like the oil changes.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has there been any hard evidence that the newer ecoboosts benefit from catch cans like the pre dual injector engines? Ive got a catch can i pulled off my old gen 2, that I was planning on putting on the 23. Just wasn't sure if it was 100% necessary anyway.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
out of curiosity, any of you getting much oil weeping out of the connector on the driver’s side? Was looking in there to try and judge how much of a pain getting the hoses off would be and it’s surprisingly oily.IMG_6264.jpeg