Ford OEM tonneau cover functional use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Ok, apologies in advance as I searched all over for this answer.

Issue: I have the Ford OEM tri-fold tonneau cover on my '24

Question: Am i doing something wrong or is the functional capability of this trifold where you are only able to roll up 2 sections of the 3 panels allowing use of only 2/3's of your bed??

I find this to be a very poor design so hope I am doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
That’s how it is designed. Works well enough for the price. Mine is holding up well as I took it off my 17. Great one for me because I can rip it off in 3min and can keep the Costco out of sight.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi All,

Ok, apologies in advance as I searched all over for this answer.

Issue: I have the Ford OEM tri-fold tonneau cover on my '24

Question: Am i doing something wrong or is the functional capability of this trifold where you are only able to roll up 2 sections of the 3 panels allowing use of only 2/3's of your bed??

I find this to be a very poor design so hope I am doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!
I believe you should be able to fold all 3 sections which would leave the cover resting against the cab. You can lock it in place at that point. Crappy video but you get the point...see video.

OP
OP
gdflynn1

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you should be able to fold all 3 sections which would leave the cover resting against the cab. You can lock it in place at that point. Crappy video but you get the point...see video.

Thanks @Littlefx4 . At first glance, that looks a little different than the one I have on my '24 but definitely gonna go take a look. Will post back my findings.

OP
OP
gdflynn1

gdflynn1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get it figured out?
Timely post! I just came in from finally checking. I think the cover design has changed comparative to the cover in the video you shared. It seems its just designed to quickly pop off entirely if full bed is needed. Again, I can definitely be doing something wrong or might not be seeing something but this is the last fold after the first 2 and what i see underneath.

PXL_20240918_182144582.MP.jpgPXL_20240918_182144582.MP.jpg

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Same one I have had since 2017. Not bad for $500 but does limit bed space but you can insecure it in 3min and either leave it or toss it in the bed.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Timely post! I just came in from finally checking. I think the cover design has changed comparative to the cover in the video you shared. It seems its just designed to quickly pop off entirely if full bed is needed. Again, I can definitely be doing something wrong or might not be seeing something but this is the last fold after the first 2 and what i see underneath.

View attachment 467373View attachment 467373
Yeah, that is different. Not seeing the latches that would lock it in place once 3rd panel is folded. So what now…ditch it for something else or live with it?