Ford F150 Master Brake Cylinder Class Action lawsuit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueHound

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Ran across this thread as I’m looking to refresh my braking system (new master cylinder, hoses and calipers) as preventative maintenance. Were you able to confirm part number and compatibility with a Bosch unit or are we stuck with a single seal Hitatchi?

OP
OP
BenBB

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worse, we're not sure which we're getting if you replace it, I haven't found any way to verify which is which...

BlueHound

Reaction score
Worse, we're not sure which we're getting if you replace it, I haven't found any way to verify which is which...
Dang. I’m tempted to try and chase down a core (wrecker etc), pre 2012 and try to find seal kit from Bosch to make a solid replacement.

Returns from Rock Auto are a bit of a PITA for me being in Canada, otherwise I’d buy the BRMC286, remove that outer snap ring, remove pistons and check for single vs double seal. If double, run er, single back in the mail she goes.

You would think Ford would be smart and at least update the OEM replacement part so this issue doesn’t perpetuate even further. But based on how they have responded so far I don’t have confidence…