Ford Dealer Scams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased mine used from a KIA dealership of all places with 12,000 miles on it. I then spent $1500 on a 100,000 mile ford warranty through Granger. Essentially Gold Certified now for Peace of mind. Truck has been fantastic, and now has over 30,000 miles. And all of my service has been exceptional through Brewster Ford here in NY. I usually go through vehicles every 2-3 years. I also own a lifted Gen 6 Bronco. I couldn’t be happier with my vehicles, and don’t think I’ll be making any changes any time soon…for a change. Hopefully OP has found a decent service department now, and his experience only improves from here.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truck was supposed to be BlueCertified which gave me confidence
That's why they do it. But who certifies it? Ford? Or the dealer? I think you'll find that it's the dealer. I think you'll find that most dealers are lying scum who do a quick once over, "certify" it, and then hope that no real problems show up during the short warranty period. Buying a used car is a crap shoot. Trusting a dealer is like shooting craps with loaded dice.