Florida ravelco or other anti theft devices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HookEm

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Could you elaborate as to why? I’m coming from a place of zero experience with aftermarket anti-theft solutions but have heard the ravelco brand for many many years. As a mechanical-fancy kill switch kinda device it makes sense to me. The igla and Compustar definitely look interesting but have a lot more of an invasive install and I’m really concerned about the gremlins they may bring. Certainly anything could come with issues but I’m wondering the pros and cons of each. Have you had any of these yourself? Or maybe something else?
-edit- I want something soon. Zero word form the companies of when they will come out with new hardware. A dealer called for me and said they have no idea -
Sure no problem. I have both IGLA and Compustar installed on my 2023 Raptor R. I have seen videos of the Revelco being bypassed and I’ve read about cases where Revelco cars have been stolen. I also prefer not having the fob receptacle thingy because I don’t want to have to look at it lol. Having the IGLA and the PIN code is just really clean and it’s almost impossible to bypass. Add on top of that the Compustar T13 with motion/tilt/glass sensors and GPS with everything tied in to the factory keyless features and it’s a perfect setup, at least in my opinion. However it’s not cheap. I paid approx $1500 each for the IGLA and Compustar installations. With that said, I think it’s worth the money.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies everyone. I appreciate the feedback. Speaking about the ravelco being defeated-a local installer has mentioned they have a new “patch” for how to keep that from occurring but using an inline fuse. In theory it makes sense.
I wish I could get an igla or Compustar but both have said they are needing new hardware as well as software and currently they do not support the 24 models. With no expected date of that I think I almost have no choice but the ravelco. It’s unfortunate but otherwise I’ll have to go with nothing for quite some time at the least.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apple airtag
That only helps you AFTER it’s been stolen. And it’s best to have more then one AirTag. One that’s meant to be easily found, and a few more that are damn near impossible to find without tearing the whole truck apart.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That only helps you AFTER it’s been stolen. And it’s best to have more then one AirTag. One that’s meant to be easily found, and a few more that are damn near impossible to find without tearing the whole truck apart.
Also they need to have an apple phone and Bluetooth on for it to work. I have a gps and air tags as well

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
add smart tag,the guy who stole the truck have a i phone or android!

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Insurance is the best "anti-theft"

If you got something real special leave it at home. When i used to drive my prius i never stopped anywhere
Yea for sure. I don’t have a “beater” per se. This is my daily. The ones in the garage don’t have roofs, or airbags, or power steering… you get the picture. Have full value insurance. No concerns there. But this car will be hard to replace is all. Just an annoyance really. I’m going to get the Ravelco for piece of mind. Use a faraday pouch. GPS it. And just be careful where to park. It’s about all I can do it seems right now.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea for sure. I don’t have a “beater” per se. This is my daily. The ones in the garage don’t have roofs, or airbags, or power steering… you get the picture. Have full value insurance. No concerns there. But this car will be hard to replace is all. Just an annoyance really. I’m going to get the Ravelco for piece of mind. Use a faraday pouch. GPS it. And just be careful where to park. It’s about all I can do it seems right now.
Besides… anything special and I’m DRIVING IT. no way it’s sitting home unless it’s broken. Life’s too short for boring cars