First Raptor, love it but it has issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDEVEROUX

Reaction score
Even further update, the diff is assembled and back in the truck, hubs and ball joints replaced, IWE’s replaced, and everything is bolted back together. Just as I was double checking everything I noticed the vacuum lines for the IWE’s were broken and one side had a hole in it, so off to Ford tomorrow to get a new set along with the check valve and solenoid, and I need to have the tire re-balanced as I noticed it’s missing a wheel weight. Hopefully this weekend I can put the finishing touches on this thing and take finally have my truck back.
Good luck and welcome to the Forum. These guys have been helpful here and it sounds like you are on the very backside of this.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I bought it from a whole saler 3+ hours from my house. It was pretty much sight unseen but the body and frame and immaculate so is the interior for the most part. I think the previous owner was a younger kid whose parents had alot of money and they drove the truck until it wore out and they were promptly purchased a new truck. It came from a big money area in south jersey according to the carfax. Once it’s all done it will be a great truck, I’ve already done a laundry list of things before this, from plugs and wires, cats, intake, rear pinion seal, fluid flush ujoints, the only things really left are UCA’s, shock rebuilds, and that evil blend door motor behind the screen. Anyone have any tricks to get the back bolt back in, I was thinking of taking off that top storage spot on the dash and trying with a long extension and a universal maybe? Any suggestions.