Finally got my ride.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FishFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally picked up my new to me ride. Drove it home 600 miles, and she did great. Rides super nice with the Fox 3.0’s and 37’s. Plenty of power from the Whipple. So far, I’m very happy with my purchase. Also managed to get the factory wheels with some half way decent 35’s. Let the modding begin! LOL!View attachment 459619View attachment 459616View attachment 459617View attachment 459618
Outstanding Slideways, congrats!! Give us the deets; how many miles? Where'd you get it? How long has the Whipple been on? If you could share the price too that'd be coo. How do you like those Lock wheels? Whole rig looks great! Shoot pics of the Fox 3.0's, suspension and springs for us.

Whipple superchargers are amazing kits, very well designed. What exhaust did it come with?

OP
OP
S

slideways247

Reaction score
Outstanding Slideways, congrats!! Give us the deets; how many miles? Where'd you get it? How long has the Whipple been on? If you could share the price too that'd be coo. How do you like those Lock wheels? Whole rig looks great! Shoot pics of the Fox 3.0's, suspension and springs for us.

Whipple superchargers are amazing kits, very well designed. What exhaust did it come with?
Hey Fishfreak. So it's got 97k miles on it. Got it from a small used car dealer in Las Cruces New Mexico, been a Texas truck all it's life, so no rust. Paid $32k for it with the original wheels and some decent tires on them. I like the Locks, they match the trucks scheme very nicely. Supercharger kit has been on since 2020 according to Whipple. That's when the kit was purchased. The head unit was replaced last year with the Gen 4 unit, also 78 lb injectors and Ford Racing dual 68MM throttle body was added and it was tuned by JDM. It has Stainless Works long tubes and complete dual exhaust all the way to the back. Sounds really nice. Has a bit of a drone at part throttle cruising, but some speed adjustment and that goes away. Has stock leafs in the back with those RAS coil spring style overloads. I'll get some pics of the shocks tomorrow, it's dark out now.

Last edited:

FishFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Fishfreak. So it's got 97k miles on it. Got it from a small used car dealer in Las Cruces New Mexico, been a Texas truck all it's life, so no rust. Paid $32k for it with the original wheels and some decent tires on them. I like the Locks, they match the trucks scheme very nicely. Supercharger kit has been on since 2020 according to Whipple. That's when the kit was purchased. The head unit was replaced last year with the Gen 4 unit, also 78 lb injectors and Ford Racing dual 68MM throttle body was added and it was tuned by JDM. It has Stainless Works long tubes and complete dual exhaust all the way to the back. Sounds really nice. Has a bit of a drone at part throttle cruising, but some speed adjustment and that goes away. Has stock leafs in the back with those RAS coil spring style overloads. I'll get some pics of the shocks tomorrow, it's dark out now.
Your story keeps getting better, thanks! You did very well! Someone invested quite a bit of change in that build for sure!

Are you sayin' the dash touch screen was replaced with Gen 4? Synch 3? Didn't know that was a thing. Please do post pics, whenever's convenient...

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your story keeps getting better, thanks! You did very well! Someone invested quite a bit of change in that build for sure!

Are you sayin' the dash touch screen was replaced with Gen 4? Synch 3? Didn't know that was a thing. Please do post pics, whenever's convenient...
He was talking about a Gen 4 Whipple head unit

OP
OP
S

slideways247

Reaction score

Yes, I was talking about the Whipple head unit. But, I did order the Sync3 upgrade with the sync 4 display. That is a thing also. Here are some shock pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3422.jpeg
    IMG_3422.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3423.jpeg
    IMG_3423.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 6