Finally a Blue Flame graces my drive way!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuPanda

Reaction score
Here's the full story:

After researching the Raptor for a couple of weeks in January and I finally placed my order on January 31st usuing the American Express Card car buying service. AmEx gave me a guarnteed price a couple hundred above invoice and three dealers who agreed to meet the price in my area. I decided to go with Bill D'Amore from Super Ford in Industry Hills.

Like everyone else, I then waited for the production of the 6.2 and a VIN. I received the VIN from Bill about a month and a half ago and then....dead silence.

On April 30th, I ruptured my patellar ligament in my left knee (no cool story to go with it just that it really sucks). Since it happened at work, I've had to deal with workman's comp....regardless of how you feel about national health care, it scares the crap out of me if it's anything like workman's comp. in California because it really has been a nightmare. Long story short on the medical front, got a great surgeon to operate on my knee nearly four weeks after the injury. Surgeon warned me that any more hold-ups on workman's comp. part may have lead to serious com[lications....but I digress.

So I contact Super Ford and find that Bill no longer works there and some "slick talker" named Jay would help me. Then about a week later I get a call from Terry (who mumbles and sounds like a wise guy); he warns me that the dealership may try and sell the truck out from under me because...well they have a history of ding that. He promises to call me as soon as the truck drops so that others at the dealership can't get at it before me. He also warns me to deal only with him and not slick talking Jay. With my banged up knee I don't go to overboard as it gives me perspective on life.

So Terry calls me today and says, get here at 5PM and you got yourself the truck. So my wife and I go get the truck. It is quite obvious that the wise guy Terry was giving me no bull as we barely escaped with the truck for the promised price. My only issue is that with my bum knee I can't even get in the truck. So my adorably cute wife drives the Blue beast home and I follow in the BMW.

So ther eyou have it. Got the truck in the drive way but I still haven't even sat it it. :pepper:

web.jpg

Nacho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
CONGRATS!!!! Be sure to post up some pics when you can. Now you can feel the joy and excitement of this beast.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations Art! Yet another long-waiting Raptor owner finally gets his truck! Now only your knee will be your excuse (no more, "I don't have my Raptor" excuses for you!).

You sure you can't drive to Vegas in a couple weeks?

knee-problem-cartoon.gif

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude! Where is your bean? I expect to see a pic of you sitting in the BED of your Raptor in a comfy chair of some sort, sipping a cold one, with your arm around that adorably cute wife! You can't keep a Raptor man out of his truck just because of some patellar ligament thingy. <G>

Falcon

P.S. ... congrats on your Truck!

OP
OP
AuPanda

AuPanda

Reaction score
If I'm up to it, I'll head to Vegas the day of but my progress feels very slow. We'll see how the rehab progresses and go from there. Right now I just want to figure a wy to haul my ass into the driver's seat without agrivating my injury.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck!! Good choice on the color:tongue: I hope you recover quickly so you can enjoy your truck!!

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sweeeeeet! Gratz Au! How's she look sitting in the driveway? Bigger than you expected? :mrgreen:

OP
OP
AuPanda

AuPanda

Reaction score
Sweeeeeet! Gratz Au! How's she look sitting in the driveway? Bigger than you expected? :mrgreen:

It is a big truck.Oddly my truck is the very first Raptor I've seen; so the wide body became apparent as I followed the vervet gorilla home. I was also surprised by the width of the tires...holy crap it's a good looking ride.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Understood perfectly. The first Raptor I saw in person was mine as well, and I recall having the same thoughts; damn that thing is wide!

Gratz again Au. Looking forward to your thoughts after climbing behind the wheel :)