False Theft Alert with Ford Pass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sc85fiero

Reaction score
The truck uses the BCM, RTM, intrusion sensor cluster and door latches to monitor for theft or intrusion. The message you are getting indicates an issue with the intrusion sensor cluster which also has an inclination sensor built in to it.

My guess is your issue is in either the BCM or the intrusion sensor cluster. The BCM is in the passenger side footwell area on the A-pillar behind the trim panel, the sensor cluster is in the overhead console, there are 4 things that look like tiny little speaker grilles. The sensors are behind those grills.

I have seen those intrusion sensors not clipped in to the overhead console panel from the factory, just laying there causing a similar problem (intermittent alarm going off in the middle of the night)

I have also seen water get in to the BCM from an undetected leak in the windshield/A pillar area

If the truck is under warranty your dealer should be able to monitor datalogger to see the last 4 event notifications and what triggered them.

-Joe

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is happening to me too. Exactly as the OP described. Happens while in my garage and no kids or animals around it. Camera in my garage shows nothing. Has to be something with the truck or a glitch with the app

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me one time so far while i was at work, It scared me thinking i would be walking out to damage on the truck as i could see the truck was still where i parked it. No cars or people were around my truck. i chalked it up to a glitch, if it keeps happening i will have the dealer look at it