Factory Engine Oil %

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diverdown3

Reaction score
I have 86k on the clock and very nearly at 3 k on the oil change from the dealer at purchase. The on board computer states my oil change has 71% life left. I do not trust that figure and plan to change at 5k miles and send to Blackstone for analysis. I'm new to Raptors but not new to turbo'ed vehicles. Due to the fact that most turbo vehicles are harder on engine oil and some use engine oil to keep them cool, I'm taking the more conservative approach and changing ahead of schedule. Spend more on oil changes, spend much less on repairs and downtime is my approach. Who agrees and who disagrees? All opinions welcome.

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your approach is correct, but with 86k on the clock it may depend on its service history. Do you have any records of its service history?

A Blackstone analysis would be a good starting point....

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m a full synthetic 5k’er myself. I suspect the truck doesn’t really have much of an algorithm to “predict” oil condition.This thread prompted me to go a head and order a kit for my 2020 with 69k on it.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a full synthetic 5k’er myself. I suspect the truck doesn’t really have much of an algorithm to “predict” oil condition.This thread prompted me to go a head and order a kit for my 2020 with 69k on it.
200.gif
Any medium grade synthetic (M1, penz, valvoline…etc) will do. This engine isn’t wild enough to require grasping complicated from the jaws of easy.