Extended Warranty - Yes or No??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished up the paperwork on my Raptor and I got the 6year/75K Ford Premium Care. I plan on keeping the truck for beyond the length of that, so it seemed worthwhile.

mike.s

Reaction score
Today I found out from the local dealer that my malfunctioning headlight (left high beam gets stuck in the on position sometimes) is not covered under the extended service plan I paid Ford $3,000 for. I need to pay $1,000 to get a new headlamp assembly. I'm pretty pissed about it.

Last edited:

dhollist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I found out from the local dealer that my malfunctioning headlight (left high beam gets stock in the on position sometimes) is not covered under the extended service plan I paid Ford $3,000 for. I need to pay $1,000 to get a new headlamp assembly. I'm pretty pissed about it.

Which plan did you buy? In the fine print, excluded items should be listed, and I can't imagine that anything but a burned out headlight is excluded. Maybe check with a different dealer, or call the 800 number on the ESP warranty contract to ask?

QTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I found out from the local dealer that my malfunctioning headlight (left high beam gets stock in the on position sometimes) is not covered under the extended service plan I paid Ford $3,000 for. I need to pay $1,000 to get a new headlamp assembly. I'm pretty pissed about it.

$1000?? they're $500 each on ebay if that helps any.

mike.s

Reaction score
Which plan did you buy? In the fine print, excluded items should be listed, and I can't imagine that anything but a burned out headlight is excluded. Maybe check with a different dealer, or call the 800 number on the ESP warranty contract to ask?

I have Premium Care:

http://owner.ford.com/Storage/mfMmediaFile/961/534/2015 PremiumCARE Brochure.pdf

Under electrical it says headlamps are covered but only if you also bought the optional lighting coverage. So apparently, buying the premium care warranty is not enough. You also have to buy additional warranty on top of that warranty to cover the lights. Thanks Ford! :flipthebird:

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For everything that is sacred DO NOT get an extended warranty. Terrible investment. It will prevent you from doing mods, and stuff like above is not covered.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Today I found out from the local dealer that my malfunctioning headlight (left high beam gets stuck in the on position sometimes) is not covered under the extended service plan I paid Ford $3,000 for. I need to pay $1,000 to get a new headlamp assembly. I'm pretty pissed about it.

That's not correct. You need to elevate that to the next level. Just ask your service rep to speak to their boss. I had an issue with one on my Platinum under extended warranty (basically same lights) and Ford handled it.

Good Luck!!!