Extended Engine Cranking when starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had success with a new fuel pump for this issue? My truck is going in for a few small items but I don’t want to fight with the dealer over this unless more people have confirmed this is a fix
I had my truck in there 3 times. Dealer can’t replicate the delayed start every time I’m there. They won’t replace the fuel pumps without the truck throwing a code or being able to hear it for themselves. My video of the delayed start isn’t good enough for them. Not sure where to go from here

Last edited:

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my truck in there 3 times. Dealer can’t replicate the delayed start every time I’m there. They won’t replace the fuel pumps without the truck throwing a code or being able to hear it for themselves. My video of the delayed start isn’t good enough for them. Not sure where to go from
Hear
Thanks this is what I was looking for. I guess I’ll wait until it doesn’t start or there’s a recall lol

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For everyone still experiencing this issue push your dealer on replacing the fuel pump. Record video every time you start the truck. Use remote start so you can clearly capture it. I have a great dealer and they were probably the first to identify the fuel pump issue. Bottom line ford suppliers have sucked lately and this is just another example. Some fuel pumps good some bad. There may also be a tune issue but I think it’s mechanical.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my truck in there 3 times. Dealer can’t replicate the delayed start every time I’m there. They won’t replace the fuel pumps without the truck throwing a code or being able to hear it for themselves. My video of the delayed start isn’t good enough for them. Not sure where to go from here
That’s a bad dealer and there’s other dealers that have fixed it. All they need to do is look. Keep pushing and keep recording

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For everyone still experiencing this issue push your dealer on replacing the fuel pump. Record video every time you start the truck. Use remote start so you can clearly capture it. I have a great dealer and they were probably the first to identify the fuel pump issue. Bottom line ford suppliers have sucked lately and this is just another example. Some fuel pumps good some bad. There may also be a tune issue but I think it’s mechanical.
So your issue is 100% resolved after a new pump?

Blast2hell

Reaction score
This happened to me. Drove about 40 miles tank was pretty low so I stopped to get some gas. After filling the tank, it was slow to start. Drove another 40 miles to get home. As soon as I pulled in the driveway I shut the truck off and immediately restarted it and got the slow start. Then I shut it off and cranked it up again and it started right away no issue.