Exaust Crackles/backfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion. Having driven a Hellcat, a 250 diesel, and a suburban 2500 with Borla exhaust, I think I’m fine driving this truck.

It’s embarrassing yes. It pops randomly, always sounds a little different, sometimes almost like something is slamming around in the bed. This is not a sound I’d associate with a quality exhaust. It’s more like a v4 pushed too hard and it’s burbling as it downshifts. It sounds lame when it does it nearly every time you let off the exhaust.
All of those performance vehicles and you are questioning back pressure

alockbox

Reaction score
All of those performance vehicles and you are questioning back pressure
Maybe it hasn’t occurred to you, so I’ll spell it out. What I’m expressing is that it DOESN’T feel normal. It probably also hasn’t occurred to you that there may be an issue with some of these 24s. You don’t really seem to have anything useful to contribute to the conversation that is helpful to me. Enjoy talking to someone else and have a nice day.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it hasn’t occurred to you, so I’ll spell it out. What I’m expressing is that it DOESN’T feel normal. It probably also hasn’t occurred to you that there may be an issue with some of these 24s. You don’t really seem to have anything useful to contribute to the conversation that is helpful to me. Enjoy talking to someone else and have a nice day.
You don’t seem to understand everyone telling you it is normal. If you think otherwise try bringing it to a mechanic. *******

pirates1456

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you're making a very good first impression and don't see you being welcome here. I would prob change your username and start over. Everyone here has tried explaining you what they think it is. You don't agree. So take it to the dealership and stop being argumentative.

ILM_Raptor

Reaction score
I have put nearly 1,000 miles on my new 2024 Raptor 37. I will say that I have had small exhaust pops that I questioned whether or not were "backfires." I drive mine in Baja exhaust mode, but normal suspension and transmission. There is no rhyme or reason for these, i.e., hard throttle and lift.

alockbox

Reaction score
I don't think you're making a very good first impression and don't see you being welcome here. I would prob change your username and start over. Everyone here has tried explaining you what they think it is. You don't agree. So take it to the dealership and stop being argumentative.
I commented on a post someone made with a similar issue. Their response was that the vehicle I chose wasn’t right for me…

That was helpful, productive, or assisted in the conversation in anyway?

But I made a bad first impression?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Post some videos with good sound. I would like to hear it. My 22 pops sometimes in normal mode, but certainly not every time I lift. R button gets sport mode and off road exhaust, it'll pop sometimes but nothing obnoxious. Baja mode, yes it will get obnoxious.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I commented on a post someone made with a similar issue. Their response was that the vehicle I chose wasn’t right for me…

That was helpful, productive, or assisted in the conversation in anyway?

But I made a bad first impression?
You come off as a dić. Let me spell it out for you. The noise you hear is normal and expected from performance verticals made in the last few year. There is nothing wrong with the 24’s and all gen 3 truck do the decl pops coasting to slow down. I would even say the engineers did on purpose. Even if you don’t like the noise it is working as designed. Also from the vehicles you listed, none of them are Turbo gas engines which inherently act differently. Try being more humble in your next account.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to add note. Mine did pop alot more on the drive home from the dealership. I assumed it was low octane gas. Since filling up a few times with 93 it seems less but still get some pops. My neighbors where walking the other day and i was driving in the 20s and slowed down for a turn and it popped. They thought my truck was broken. lol

alockbox

Reaction score
You come off as a dić. Let me spell it out for you. The noise you hear is normal and expected from performance verticals made in the last few year. There is nothing wrong with the 24’s and all gen 3 truck do the decl pops coasting to slow down. I would even say the engineers did on purpose. Even if you don’t like the noise it is working as designed. Also from the vehicles you listed, none of them are Turbo gas engines which inherently act differently. Try being more humble in your next account.
It’s not the pops. I even mentioned that. I don’t like or dislike the odd noises, I added my comment that mine sometimes sounds like something is slamming around in the bed to see if others heard anything too. I’ve had my experiences with newly updated vehicles that turned out to be TSBs a few months down the road. Mach-E we had for a short time got lemon lawed due to the battery. Lighting had the wheel clicks on slowdown that ended up needing to be fixed despite months of forum experts saying it was normal - it wasn’t.

I come off like a **** because, by that point, I was being one back. How is constructive in anyway for an immediate response to “is this normal?” Be “this truck isn’t for you”?

I’m not having a next account. I’ll simply ignore the bro-bro machismo meathead responses and reply to the constructive ones, just like I contribute to places I’m on.

Thanks for the added information about the turbos.