Exaust Crackles/backfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recently bought a 2024 and I do hear that sound even in normal mode, which’s never happen with my gen2 before, I’m wondering is that normal or should I bring back to the dealer have them check it out? Well if I bring back to the dealer they gonna test shit out of this, adding tons of miles and full throttle with my breaking in period, just want to see if it’s normal really don’t want to bring to any dealers
Just enjoy it!

MFouts

Reaction score
24 with 1000 miles and its doing it but mainly in sport mode. Once it was a full on backfire.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
burbles and pops with the exhaust in sport or baja are common for me, i've only had a couple true backfires... one while passing a cyclist before an upcoming sharp corner on a mountain road in ******* mode (sport mode + baja exhaust) after getting off full throttle abruptly. surprised the shit out of me... can only imagine getting a face full of it

RaptorJamo

Reaction score
Can confirm that my 2024 801a does this even in normal mode when slowing down. It is more pronounced when the exhaust is in sport mode.

alockbox

Reaction score
Yes, it does it in all modes. It doesn’t seem like something that should be occurring. Frankly, it can be a little embarrassing. On my 6 mile drive yesterday in traffic, it did it nearly every time I let off the accelerator. It’s done it since my first drive with 12 miles on it.