Exaust Crackles/backfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On our Gen2, with a mic by the exhaust tip, I got a very slight pop. Nothing I wouldve noticed though. I dont think any stock Raptor exhaust is going to pop.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Gen 3 with less than 300 miles on the odometer. I’m thinking it has an auto throttle blip on downshifts in Sport Mode, more pronounced if you activate Baja exhaust mode. The wife noticed it first because she said” it does what you used to do in the Shelby”,
I just got home from dropping Easter baskets off and looked for a thread on auto blip for Gen 3 but didn’t see anything, just happened onto your post. It’s definitely doing it.

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only time I can get my exhaust to snap, crackle, pop is of course in baja mode and revving high. Too many gears to do it from downshifting but may be possible in manual shift mode. still breaking it in so havent tried yet.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Gen 3 with less than 300 miles on the odometer. I’m thinking it has an auto throttle blip on downshifts in Sport Mode, more pronounced if you activate Baja exhaust mode. The wife noticed it first because she said” it does what you used to do in the Shelby”,
I just got home from dropping Easter baskets off and looked for a thread on auto blip for Gen 3 but didn’t see anything, just happened onto your post. It’s definitely doing it.
It is properly called Rev Matching in manual transmission terms, and its technically does that on the 10 speed we have.

Raptortan

Reaction score
I just recently bought a 2024 and I do hear that sound even in normal mode, which’s never happen with my gen2 before, I’m wondering is that normal or should I bring back to the dealer have them check it out? Well if I bring back to the dealer they gonna test shit out of this, adding tons of miles and full throttle with my breaking in period, just want to see if it’s normal really don’t want to bring to any dealers

alockbox

Reaction score
I just recently bought a 2024 and I do hear that sound even in normal mode, which’s never happen with my gen2 before, I’m wondering is that normal or should I bring back to the dealer have them check it out? Well if I bring back to the dealer they gonna test shit out of this, adding tons of miles and full throttle with my breaking in period, just want to see if it’s normal really don’t want to bring to any dealers
I have this exact issue. It’s quieter in normal but definitely there. It does it many times in every single drive. Usually when you let off the throttle even if just barely accelerating. Sometimes it’s very very loud. It happened as I drove off the lot and hadn’t stopped in 1,500 miles. 2024 802a.