Evil Manufacturing/Off road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvilMfg

Reaction score
I placed an order in April for a Gen 3 front bumper, 5 months later with following up with Doug, I still did not get either a bumper or a refund.

All I get is the refund was processed, after several days he comes back to me saying they had a problem.
I have been in this drama for the last 5 months.
What makes the process hard, I live on the other side of the world.
This has been refunded and it was a pain to make happen... All details were shared with the customer and I am pretty sure he now knows how tough it was to refund from accounts that were closed and a business name change plus from moving... Apologies here as it should not have taken this long and this processor kept cancelling the refunds and it took multiple phone calls and emails to accomplish. We are happy though to say it has been handled...

Last edited:

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This bumper has been picked up and is in route... We managed to get 14-15 bumpers out the door during this round of shipping... We apologize we ran into delays here and thank you for working with us to get this out the door...
Newline took 4.5 weeks to build mine, (which is exactly what I was told to expect). Unfortunately, in Cali it's very difficult to get a crew (and keep them), that are both talented, reliable, and that can keep on knocking out those parts. I'm always impressed by any business that can survive here doing steel fabrication. DOM is up to $5/ft for 1-3/4" .120wall, I'm sure chromoly is 2-3X. Nitrogen, (the most abundant gas on earth), got stupid expensive, as well as argon. P&O steel is double what I paid before the plandemic, while any shop owner is seeing both rent & insurance hikes too. I'm surprised more guys don't throw in the towel and just start selling weed instead (half joking), because at least the shipping is cheaper!

Attachments

• 20240922_192833.jpg
    20240922_192833.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 11

EvilMfg

Reaction score
Newline took 4.5 weeks to build mine, (which is exactly what I was told to expect). Unfortunately, in Cali it's very difficult to get a crew (and keep them), that are both talented, reliable, and that can keep on knocking out those parts. I'm always impressed by any business that can survive here doing steel fabrication. DOM is up to $5/ft for 1-3/4" .120wall, I'm sure chromoly is 2-3X. Nitrogen, (the most abundant gas on earth), got stupid expensive, as well as argon. P&O steel is double what I paid before the plandemic, while any shop owner is seeing both rent & insurance hikes too. I'm surprised more guys don't throw in the towel and just start selling weed instead (half joking), because at least the shipping is cheaper!
Good looking bumper. I remember the days we could knock stuff like that out in 4-5 days. We simply cannot do that here with orders stacked up and half staff. We finally made it to the full staffed point last week for the fist time in over a year. We felt the pain in California due to rent almost doubling and moved to Nevada. The issues in Nevada are not worth the move and we should have stayed in California. The issues here are 3.5 hour round trips for material and powder coating services. The other issues are the lack of qualified employees and the ones that are qualified are asking for 1.5 times the wages of California employees. This is sometimes double and the cost of living is way less. SMH

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you able to find guys who can just put down the hood and weld, or do you end up training them instead? It sucks that nobody is learning to weld in high schools anymore. It's easier to teach someone (who was raised using computers), to program a water jet table or a cnc machine than it is to teach them to TIG weld a cage; where you're kneeling, crouching, then standing or lying on your back.. When I worked in construction all the certified welders were either ex-navy or ex-convicts.

EvilMfg

Reaction score
Are you able to find guys who can just put down the hood and weld, or do you end up training them instead? It sucks that nobody is learning to weld in high schools anymore. It's easier to teach someone (who was raised using computers), to program a water jet table or a cnc machine than it is to teach them to TIG weld a cage; where you're kneeling, crouching, then standing or lying on your back.. When I worked in construction all the certified welders were either ex-navy or ex-convicts.
In California we could find guys who knew how to weld and they could hit the ground running. We were also able to pull newbies out of the Fab Schools there who just learned to weld and could teach them pretty easily. Here in Nevada, we can barely find anyone who can weld good, and we have no schools to pull from so it is a teach it type of hiring here.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In California we could find guys who knew how to weld and they could hit the ground running. We were also able to pull newbies out of the Fab Schools there who just learned to weld and could teach them pretty easily. Here in Nevada, we can barely find anyone who can weld good, and we have no schools to pull from so it is a teach it type of hiring here.
Now we understand why the Chinese companies found it easier to hire barefoot children and chain them to the workbench, paying $4 for 15 hour days (kidding.... a little bit).

Reaction score
Being from Iowa; welding, casting and fab was and still is taught in my high school to help with the family farm equipment.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being from Iowa; welding, casting and fab was and still is taught in my high school to help with the family farm equipment.
I started high school (trade school) in 1974. Very different world back then. There were 7 different trades: Automotive, Building Technology (my major), Electronics, Metallurgy, Mechanical Technology, and Photolithography. I was lucky that I found something I enjoyed, and found work in the construction industry for 35yrs.