Do we wave?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My experience so far: just about every Gen 3 waves back. I think there is a mutual respect that we all paid way too much for this sick truck. Gen 2 rarely waves back - pretty sure they don't even know they're in a Raptor. Gen 1 waves back most of the time, but I suspect a V8 vs. V6 **** measuring at times.

Will report back with more data points in the future.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My experience so far: just about every Gen 3 waves back. I think there is a mutual respect that we all paid way too much for this sick truck. Gen 2 rarely waves back - pretty sure they don't even know they're in a Raptor. Gen 1 waves back most of the time, but I suspect a V8 vs. V6 **** measuring at times.

Will report back with more data points in the future.
LOL
Jen Tres: Too ashamed, I see them hiding their faces every time.
Jen Too: Head nod or token “hipster-like” wave
Jen Juan: the fùck you lookin’ at, yeah, it’s almost 15 years old.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally nailed down the dream truck. New to me blue 17. Couldn’t be happier.

Damn near on the ride home I see a beautiful leadfoot across from me at this intersection and I started to panic. “Oh no, do we wave or is that for those jeep savages”? Light changed and the damn fanboy in me broke character, I threw up an overly excited and probably toothy wave. Shame poured over me as the reality of what I had done settled in. I can be better than that. Damn, FNG stuff on day 1. Ill keep it together moving forward.
:)
Rah
Please dont ruin raptor culture with gāy jeep culture. The jeep wave is a spammed astro turfed thing by Stellantis, fiat chrysler PR team. No one whose actually owned and wheeled jeeps for real; for any length of time ( as in not bought into a 65k wrangler rubicon just last year and thinks he/ she is now part of the community) waves, its attention seeking behavior. If youre my bro I wave if you own the same truck im super happy for you but i don't give a shit for the most part; im not going to arbitrarily wave because you own the same vehicle… Do civics wave, do volvo xc90’s wave ? Do prius wave? Get back in the Bucks drive thru with that shyte.

Last edited:

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Please dont ruin raptor culture with gāy jeep culture. The jeep wave is a spammed astro turfed thing by Stellantis, fiat chrysler PR team. No one whose actually owned and wheeled jeeps for real ( as in not bought into a 65k wrangler rubicon just last year and thinks he/ she is now part of the community). Waves, its attention seeking behavior.
When they named the warranty BS the "jeep wave" you knew it was over lol

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please dont ruin raptor culture with gāy jeep culture. The jeep wave is a spammed astro turfed thing by Stellantis, fiat chrysler PR team. No one whose actually owned and wheeled jeeps for real ( as in not bought into a 65k wrangler rubicon just last year and thinks he/ she is now part of the community). Waves, its attention seeking behavior.
Imagine a poor ole ****** like me that has owned Broncos for 35+ years and seeing the new ones everywhere...
Not as bad as Jeeps... yet

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Imagine a poor ole ****** like me that has owned Broncos for 35+ years and seeing the new ones everywhere...
Not as bad as Jeeps... yet
I know man we kept it real as long as we could but ultimately people like to purchase their way into things and not earn them through grit and experience…