GEN 2 Decisions Decisions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I appreciate this feedback and good to hear from a fellow vette owner! my first vette had all the bells and whistles with HUD/heated seats, etc. and my current one has nothing mainly because I wanted to use the extra money so I could have H/C/I/E and 500 whp ;) But honestly I dont even miss/notice the options that I had in my first vette. looking at all the options and what is available, I really dont NEED everything and I dont see myself putting in extra $$$ for all of that. However, I will probably go with the SYNC3 / 801A option and consider the 360 camera and the differential.

haha yes I will continue to park far away from everyone and everything!! You are right about the fact that there will always be something different, but I just wanted to make sure that no MAJOR changes were coming soon.

I really appreciate your feedback!!

I'm new to driving a large truck and the 360 cam is incredibly useful when parking. I also like the tailgate step because the bed and bumper are pretty darn high on the Raptor. Folding mirrors are also handy when squeezing in my garage and on narrow streets.

Everything else is either a nice to have or something I don't use often (navigation, remote start, etc). That said, I love the large moon roof and hate the look of the standard rims, but those are personal preference things.

OP
OP
R

r4ptr

Reaction score
I'm thinking of a similar build to you as well. The 800A is just a little too spartan for me given it will be my daily, but on the other hand don't think I need all the 802A features. I'd also note that leather cleans easier when dirty, which is a consideration off-roading. I'm also going SCAB since I don't have a family / tow much, and the slightly shorter length will be marginally easier to daily in a suburban area

I'd also do the 360 camera (which requires the upgraded mirrors + BLIS) if alone just for ease of parking

Nice!! Yea I am going SCAB too for the same exact reason... and I want it to fit in my garage haha.

good note about keeping the leather clean though!

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't change a thing, but hey its only been 10 days...but I love this thing.

I never considered the 800, too sparse. I was not paying 50+K and getting a 4" screen LOL...but I would have preferred the cloth seats.

I did the beadlocks cause I like the look.

I didn't get a moonroof because I have a convertible and I just cant imagine it will never leak from tearing it up off road.

I did Sync connect for the remote start option, handy when not in line of site for the truck or a mile away getting off a plane in the middle of winter.

Torsen and front camera were musts, which then you have to get BLIS.

Step and bedliner were needed.

For $125 I threw in the box light, no brainer, I would have spent more doing it myself.

The ONLY other thing I would have optioned if I could was the folding mirrors but that was only on 802A and I dont need my balls air conditioned, a mediocre stereo and the ability to push a button to start a vehicle for another 4k.

There is alot of stuff with the 802. I just didnt need it and I couldn't get an 800 the way I wanted it.

pchmotoho

Reaction score
I didn't read all the replies but I think UsedtobeChev (or something like that) nailed it when he said he always regretted not getting the higher optioned vehicle. I spend 12 to 14 hours a day on a motorcycle so even a windshield and an AM radio used to be luxurious to me but now Im spoiled

My wife just bought a new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (loaded) and after driving that I knew my next car was going to have the good stuff. Coming from some fairly new C6s (or would that be C7s) I would imagine you would eventually regret not getting a lot of the options.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking to buy a raptor for a few years now and I think I am ready to sell the corvette and get into a raptor!! Right now I have a modded 2011 vette that I will be selling to purchase the raptor, but before I do I wanted input and feedback from other raptor owners.

1) I think the truck at its base 800A model is exactly what I need and dont necessarily need the additional bells and whistles. What options are/are not worth the money? Im in AZ so want to avoid leather if at all possible. This will be a daily driver and wont see towing unless its a random weekend to bring quads or a boat somewhere.

2) Is there any talks that 2019 will be a better year for the raptor? I ask because I dont want to buy a new truck when the following year something drastic changes. Similar to how the G1 raptor went from a 5.4 to a 6.2 engine.

3) I would also like feedback on driving and having this as a daily driver. I test drove the G1 (will be test driving the G2 soon) and I remember it being wider but wasnt able to drive it through parking lots, make u-turns, drive during rush hour, etc.

PLEASE do not turn this into a pissing match! I just want some helpful feedback and input.

Thank you,

Michael

I also had a vette. Vette is gone! Love the Raptor though, and my kids fit in it. It is completely different than the vette, but I still get that feeling I'm driving something exciting. Plus it can leave the pavement, and is great in any weather. Very comfy, handy as a truck, makes a great daily if you're ok with 16-18 mpgs. I average about 17.

I got everything but the sunroof, tech package, and stickers. That is what I am happy with, but it sounds like you would be ok with less...I highly recommend the 360 camera. I wish it was an option in our other vehicle now that I have been using it for a few months. Really cool feature and I use it all the time to park OCD and to know when I am in the garage all the way. Also recommend the blind spot monitor and the tailgate step. Tailgate step is handier than I thought it would be.

If you are daily driving it you would probably also be happier with sync 3. But the 360 camera is the one feature I wouldn't want to give up.

OP
OP
R

r4ptr

Reaction score
Thank you everyone from the responses! Sounds like everyone is agreeing with the Sync3, 360 camera, and differential. please keep your responses coming!! I will hopefully be talking with the dealership this weekend.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone from the responses! Sounds like everyone is agreeing with the Sync3, 360 camera, and differential. please keep your responses coming!! I will hopefully be talking with the dealership this weekend.

And tailgate step! Don't forget the step!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk