Daystar Bump Stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle

Reaction score
Has anyone tries those new Daystar bump stops on a raptor or any other application? Are they a good alternative to hydraulic air bumps? I read an article on them in off road mag. They seemed to think they were alright but I think they are more hard core than your average off road driver. If I recall they come in different sizes. They look similar to air bumps but have different compound urethane bumpers on the shaft to give cusson to the suspensions bottoming force. I guess they are somewhat adjustable by selection of the bumpers.

Stock bump stops don't seem to cut it. I was looking at the back of Brians truck and I noticed that if you mounted some air bumps or something similar just outside of the frame rail and made a strike pad on top of the leaf spring and u-bolt plate everything should line up well. To my knowledge this method has proven to be the strongest on most leaf sprung prerunners with air bumps.

Then again we are talking drilling the frame for bolts are welding........and how fast do you really want to go.

Really i guess you could mount up your bump stop can and slide your air bump to the desired distance from the axle to suit maximum wheel travel for off road or less for carrying loads. I know that the air pressures in King and Fox air bumps are extremely adjustable. Like from 20 to 1000 psi maybe.