Dash cam recommendations? Would like to hear people’s experiences. Thanks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you still using this dash cam? I’m considering getting it for my truck, but wanted to get more info from you on how it’s been, and which specific adapter you got to connect it to the rear view mirror. (Also, where did you get the polarized filter lens?) Thank you in advance!
Yes I still have it and it’s still great. Def get the polarizing filter but I ended up wiring to AUX6 and threw away the adapter. I had 2 go out on me and wasn’t doing it a 3rd.

Kronos2300

Reaction score
Yes I still have it and it’s still great. Def get the polarizing filter but I ended up wiring to AUX6 and threw away the adapter. I had 2 go out on me and wasn’t doing it a 3rd.
Interesting, thank you for that info! How did you ended up wiring to AUX6? Is it pretty straightforward, or a more complicated process?

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, thank you for that info! How did you ended up wiring to AUX6? Is it pretty straightforward, or a more complicated process?
It’s pretty straight forward. You’ll need to get the garmin parking mode kit, wire the yellow and red together to aux 6 under the dash and then do the pairing of aux 6 near the battery. Works great!

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually buy the chinese no name crap off amazon, they normally last about 12 months before they crap out. I just toss them and buy another chinese no name crap camera.

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running the Blackvue 970 LTE with two Cellink Neo backup batteries under the rear seat. Works great with the LTE function I can pull up my dash cam form there app in real time viewing. Love it.IMG_2391.jpeg
IMG_2390.jpeg

Fireman Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Garmin dash cam mini 2 with dongar adapter that plugs into the rear view mirror to power the cam. Cheap and works great. Get the polarized filter lense add on though it’s worth it.

Can’t even see it from the drivers seat.
I have the same and it constantly fights with Android auto and turns the it off when I try to use it. Seems like it works properly about half the time.

roger7254

Reaction score
The Dongar adapter has made installation incredibly easy for someone with limited technical skills like me. I've tried several high to mid-end dash cams, most of which had Bluetooth and WiFi. However, after a few months, I would forget the functions and how to use all the buttons, making them difficult to operate. From that experience, I decided to go with a simple, inexpensive dash cam. I've been using it for over a year, and it works great. In the event of an accident, I can just take out the micro SD card to access the footage—no more struggling to connect my phone to download the video. I use this $34 dash cam from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CNJZCZVD/?tag=fordraptorforum-20