CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
One difference vs some other ICs is the stock cold side piping to charge pipe must be removed and replaced with a single elbow vs the clip on joint(pictured below)

#donovan is working on it :)

Excellent thread and it's swayed me to go with the CVF Titan. I was hoping Jgree32 or Raptor911 could expand on or explain where you purchased the "single elbow" to replace the cold side piping to charge pipe?

I plan on giving CV Fab a call but there website states:

Direct bolt-on replacement - no vehicle modification required

So I was curious, does the shroud you removed a requirement for this intercooler to fit. If so, if removed is it permanently damage because of removal if someone needed to re-install the stock intercooler?

I appreciate you guys taking the plunge because it's very helpful for the rest of us!

Cheers!

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent thread and it's swayed me to go with the CVF Titan. I was hoping Jgree32 or Raptor911 could expand on or explain where you purchased the "single elbow" to replace the cold side piping to charge pipe?

So I was curious, does the shroud you removed a requirement for this intercooler to fit. If so, if removed is it permanently damage because of removal if someone needed to re-install the stock intercooler?

I appreciate you guys taking the plunge because it's very helpful for the rest of us!

Cheers!
Just had this installed. My guy said it was one of the easiest IC installs he has ever done. The shroud is not damaged. CVF provides the elbow. Its packed in box with IC. Quality unit with excellent fit and finish.

OP
OP
J

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Cheers!
Sorry if I made it confusing. While it is different than others everything you need is included.
The removal of the shroud can he completely reversed as well!
You won't be disappointed.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Think of it this way. Remember when fans were actually mounted to water pumps instead of electric? We had to have a fan shroud to make sure air was sucked thru the radiator instead of leaking around the edges. With this setup, the fans set on the cooler, just like electric fans do now on radiators. So nothing is changed from stock at all, you just leave the fan shroud off when you pout it back together. Easy peasy to go back if you want.