Cross shopping Ram Rho

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing how you can get 9-11k off , really makes these hard deal to pass up
Yeah,Toyota Tundra also offering $8-10k off...doesnt mean you should buy one..
My GF bought a 4x4 Tacoma last month(yeah,yeah..she's a good cook)I drove her to dealership and while waiting walked around all the Tundras with big discount signs on them...Shark was on me in under a minute (whats funny,looked at a Raptor R couple months ago..checked it out for 5 minutes..and not 1 salesman came over..guess they dont have to)..anyway he says,you interested? I ask,why the huge discount...We are overstocked..would you like to take it for a ride...
I couldnt resist...i smiled..turned and pointed to my Shelby Raptor and said,i dont think so....
Best part,he says..oh..thats yours,can i check it out...Guy was a big Ford Shelby Mustang fan

GEN3LV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For all the whiners complaining the 3.5 EB is dated and there are more powerful alternatives from other companies like Dodge available...when is somebody going to praise Ford for perfecting an almost decade old powertrain? These current engines are nearly bulletproof, moreso than even the older Toyota engines by the numbers, and we all know the cult following and marketing campaigns associated with that. The R's are riddled with reliability and overheating issues you'll never find someone posting about on social media. The 3.5 at this point is nearly the perfect motor pairing for the current gen raptors. Lightweight, no more longevity concerns, more torque down low than you'll never need in the dirt, incredible tuning potential, and reliable performance in the most extreme weather (so well designed to the point that you can stick massive lights in front of the radiator and almost still never have overheating issues).

Rant over!
Ford's flagship Raptor R riddled with reliability and overheating issues OK sure they are. Some have had problem just like many of the 3.5's. My 24R is solid as a rock not one issue unlike my 22 3.5 had. The Gen3's have had their fair share of problems just like all mass produced vehicles' I have not seen and overheating issues with any R I live in the desert and we were hitting 120F this summer my R never overheated not once. The overheating issue is news to me.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford's flagship Raptor R riddled with reliability and overheating issues OK sure they are. Some have had problem just like many of the 3.5's. My 24R is solid as a rock not one issue unlike my 22 3.5 had. The Gen3's have had their fair share of problems just like all mass produced vehicles' I have not seen and overheating issues with any R I live in the desert and we were hitting 120F this summer my R never overheated not once. The overheating issue is news to me.
Glad you haven’t personally had issues. It’s a cool engine with a nice tone, but is it so hard to believe a low production new drivetrain has issues? How many years and millions of ecoboosts had to be made to work out the kinks? I’ll leave it at that.