Cross shopping Ram Rho

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daneger

Reaction score
It’s like marrying a girl because she has a little bigger T&A but she’s fat and ugly! There’s a reason she was a cheap date, and a reason the truck is cheaper too.

Rustyseatbelt

Reaction score
Completely subjective, but to me the Ram just looks dated. From a company perspective, I don't think I'd trust buying anything from Stellantis right now. They're in trouble, and the quality has gone down hard. That said, I'm not sure how well the hurricane will hold up. Haven't they already had a lot of thermostat issues in the wagoneer? I haven't looked into what's different on the HO variant, but seems like a gamble if you plan on pushing it hard in the dessert.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For all the whiners complaining the 3.5 EB is dated and there are more powerful alternatives from other companies like Dodge available...when is somebody going to praise Ford for perfecting an almost decade old powertrain? These current engines are nearly bulletproof, moreso than even the older Toyota engines by the numbers, and we all know the cult following and marketing campaigns associated with that. The R's are riddled with reliability and overheating issues you'll never find someone posting about on social media. The 3.5 at this point is nearly the perfect motor pairing for the current gen raptors. Lightweight, no more longevity concerns, more torque down low than you'll never need in the dirt, incredible tuning potential, and reliable performance in the most extreme weather (so well designed to the point that you can stick massive lights in front of the radiator and almost still never have overheating issues).

Rant over!