Crazy ADM with Gen 3 Raptors... any MSRP dealer in Md/Va/Dc/De?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eship

Reaction score
ADM’s should be outlawed by Ford‘s head office. They should tell all dealers NO ADM!
It does stink, but alot of the markup seems to be driven by those who will by a vehicle and then flip it/hole sale. Dealers got to have a piece of that pie.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back in ‘19 in south FL, you couldn’t touch a Gen 2 for rarely less than MSRP and many times over it. I think the MSRP Gen 3 will be a rare beast for some time.

PGas32

Reaction score
ditschman/flemington ford in NJ, one of the top rated Ford dealers in the country. No ADM ever. Speak to Kevin Crowley. They have not gotten their allocation number yet but they are putting a list together of first come first serve and he said not many people have called yet. They are a medium volume dealer and since they have such a good reputation Ford usually gives them a few extra. Either way he will give you straight forward no BS answers. tell him nick sent you.
Thanks, called and left a message today. Will let you know how I make out

Also exploring this option, thanks

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Free market gents. Another used dealer buddy of mine just bought a 'used' TRX wholesale, paid $200 under sticker. Sold it the next day for 8k more than he paid for it. While I agree that ADM sucks, it is the market. There was a dealer here in Denver who was 15k ADM on the Gen 2 when they came out. Wouldn't budge. Ended up with like 6 '17s left over when the 18'*****, marked those down to 10k over, 15k on the 18's...they ended up having nearly all of their allocation still sitting on their lot when the 19's showed up. It cost them a TON as Ford starts charging the dealers if a unit isn't sold within 90 days (maybe 120). They ended up losing their ass and having to sell the 1-2 year old 'new' trucks at a pretty steep discount below their invoice to get rid of them. I'm sure they learned their lesson.

PGas32

Reaction score
If anyone is still looking, I have a prospect in DE @ sticker for you. Not sure if they have additional allocations, but I'm their first/only Raptor order as of today. Shoot me a PM if you're interested

triggerfish

Reaction score
I had 2 dealers mention brokers offering them $15K over or some shit like that... which really ****** me off. I told them if they want to give up their allocation number to another dealer, that's on them.. they don't seem to care that I buy a lot of cars and that they could have a repeat customer

WannabeRaptor

Reaction score
100% wrong. See guidance below from FTC.

A manufacturer can mandate whatever it wants to its dealers regarding price, sale territory, etc, as long as the mandates are reasonable.

Manufacturers can also terminate relationships with dealers who do not follow their policies.

Ford's relations with it's dealers are undoubtedly more complicated than just simple pricing agreements, but it is not inherently illegal to set and control pricing.

I called Ford Customer Service and they explicitly indicated that Ford as a Manufacturer can only SUGGEST what the retail price of any production unit can be, BUT given that ALL Ford Authorized Dealers are INDEPENDENTLY OWNED AND OPERATED, said dealers do have autonomy on whatever price they can put on a vehicle they sell off their lot.

Again - this is fresh off the oven, as I called early this week 6/14.

That said, there are No BS dealers willing to sell at MSRP and win loyal customers, you just have to be willing to make a list and call, call and call.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
that’s fine as long as they are up front about it. But, if they string you along thinking they’ll accept an order at $nn,nnn.nn and lure you in to the stealership to sign papers under that premise and then spring the ADM on you, that is illegal at least in some places.

If Ford doesn’t do anything other than SUGGEST the retail price of any production unit, why did they stop dealers from adding cost to the Mach-E?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that’s fine as long as they are up front about it. But, if they string you along thinking they’ll accept an order at $nn,nnn.nn and lure you in to the stealership to sign papers under that premise and then spring the ADM on you, that is illegal at least in some places.

If Ford doesn’t do anything other than SUGGEST the retail price of any production unit, why did they stop dealers from adding cost to the Mach-E?
Yeah why? I think this is the start of a fixed pricing structure like Tesla. And if the dealers mark it up, Fords EV might not get off the ground. It’s looking this way for the Lightning as well.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah why? I think this is the start of a fixed pricing structure like Tesla. And if the dealers mark it up, Fords EV might not get off the ground. It’s looking this way for the Lightning as well.

Exactly. are we being compelled to choose between the lesser of 2 evils here?