Cobb for GEN 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They stated that they are currently
working on it but with no ETA.

They probably want to address 2021, 2022 and 2023 model year compatibility all at once if possible instead of releasing pre-maturely. Cobb does take time but I've always felt an Accessport is the best solution.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So let me ask you all this, if I sell my Gen 2 rig to buy a Gen 3, can I un-install from my Gen 2 and move my Goosetuned Cobb programmer over to a Gen 3 after purchasing new Gen 3 tunes from him?

Surprised Cobb or Goosetuned haven’t cracked into Gen 3 ECU yet, since Shelby already has a 75+hp tune in their new ‘21/‘22 Bajas…….I’d guess Shelby had 1st crack at it with their relationship with Ford….

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So let me ask you all this, if I sell my Gen 2 rig to buy a Gen 3, can I un-install from my Gen 2 and move my Goosetuned Cobb programmer over to a Gen 3 after purchasing new Gen 3 tunes from him?

Surprised Cobb or Goosetuned haven’t cracked into Gen 3 ECU yet, since Shelby already has a 75+hp tune in their new ‘21/‘22 Bajas…….I’d guess Shelby had 1st crack at it with their relationship with Ford….

If its unmarried and an accessport 3 then it shouldn't be any problem. The tunes are data only and not related regardless of tuner.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if this is a matter of time to figure it out or more supply chain crap. It takes the time it takes to do the R&D but it'll be frustrating if this is supply chain related. I'm surprised they have no ETA when Gen 3s have been out for some time now.
I'm calling B.S. on the supply chain "chip" issues...I believe a lot of this is manufactured to inflate pricing and create supply/demand shortages on purpose.

I recently made a drive from Southern California up to San Jose...counted at least 8 maybe 10 truck loads of Tesla's in transit heading south. Which made me wonder...if there is a chip shortage...how the hell is Tesla pumping out vehicles which are 100% electric which require a shit-ton of computer chips???

pnwobrigade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm calling B.S. on the supply chain "chip" issues...I believe a lot of this is manufactured to inflate pricing and create supply/demand shortages on purpose.

I recently made a drive from Southern California up to San Jose...counted at least 8 maybe 10 truck loads of Tesla's in transit heading south. Which made me wonder...if there is a chip shortage...how the hell is Tesla pumping out vehicles which are 100% electric which require a shit-ton of computer chips???
Exactly, I just can't believe "chip" shortages take this long to rectify. There is more to gain here financially than most think.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are between 80-120+ "chips" in a single F-150.
Doesn’t matter…Tesla has figured out how to source chips better than the other guys and/or have changed design and software to adept…everyone else is at the mercy of China.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter…Tesla has figured out how to source chips better than the other guys and/or have changed design and software to adept…everyone else is at the mercy of China.

Elon Musk is a different type of person and will march to the beat of his own war drum. There is no chip shortage; its a restraint put in place by China due to Trump hard handing the Chinese regarding trade that we in the US are now paying dearly for because the Biden administration doesn't have a backbone.

I am not getting political, just stating facts. Shipping rates from China were between $3800-$4200 per ship container now they are over $20,000.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score