Checking in from TX with a $19,999.99 Gen 1(DFW)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akbjr

Reaction score
Nice post. Thats a good looking Raptor. I think the fact that your dad looked for good deals and you did too makes this more special. Enjoy the ride and good life lessons from your father.

gusser

Reaction score
Great story and a nice score. Thoroughly enjoyed the read...I have a somewhat similar MO in that my posts are a bit long and detailed.
We have similar tastes as my gen juan is tuxedo black and stock as well, albeit is a 2011.
My story was a bit different in that I traded a 1999 Pontiac Firehawk in near mint condition with 23k miles for mine. I probably got the bad end of the deal as the rockers are toast...mainly surface rust for the rest so not a deal breaker as I am sort of handy with mig/tig welders.
Frame is fine. The drivetrain is solid and pulls like a locomotive...which is impressive for a 3 ton+ vehicle.

She was a "work" truck...a little beat up and needs some new seat covers for the drivers front and a paint/body refresh on the front bumper and wheel arches as well as a couple of dents repaired in the rear sheet metal...the result of what I believe was being rear ended (the replacement bumper was hideous!), but for an otd/trade value of about $25k for a 94k mile example, like you, I think I/we did good. ;)

This is how she looks now during a complete brake rehab and rust removal, mainly on the rear suspension and bed...rockers will be repaired with slip on's form LMC truck later in the year.
1726504950286.jpeg

Enjoy your new pride and joy and welcome to FRF.
Keep us updated with your upgrades please.

:happy160:

OP
OP
neovenator

neovenator

Reaction score
Good job. Great to have the original sticker. I wish I had mine to determine the Torsen front axle
Thanks! Cars.com had it available under “Free Car-Fax report” when I saw the listing. Otherwise it would’ve cost me $44.99, not sure if any other VIN lookup gives it for cheaper. I have it printed out and laminated, keep it inside the glovebox and show it to friends and people that come up to chat. It’s really cool to have something that gives some history to your Raptor as how it originally started out.