Check Engine Light Code: P2BFB - Exhaust Actuator Valves

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Starting this thread because I couldn't find any Raptor specific info on the topic. Intermittently over the last few months, I would get an error message when I hit the exhaust valve button saying "Exhaust mode not available" when I tried to bump the truck into Sport or Baja. Every so often this error message was coupled with a CEL at start up. If I saw the exhaust valve error on my screen, 99.9% of the time on the next start up, the CEL would be on throwing code P2BFB - Exhaust Flow Control Valve 'B' Control Performance meaning there's an issue with one of the exhaust valves. More specifically this code means the tailpipe valve is stuck in the open, closed, or in an unknown position so there's no feedback loop completion. (dealership gave me a ton of documentation on this)

Did some digging and found exhaust valve issues are common on some Mustangs but couldn't find anything for Raptors and specific this CEL code. Luckily the light came back on the other day and I was near my dealership so they scanned, made an appt, and gave me the diagnostic sheets that they will run through.

Anyways, opening this thread in case anyone else is seeing the same code. I will report back after my appt next week with what they did the resolve. I suspect they will be replacing the actuator.

TL/DR - Got error message saying exhaust mode not available, got CEL with code P2BFB, dealership digs in next week...more to come

Last edited:

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a bad valve. I've seen a couple of people on here that have had them replaced under warranty. Keep us posted.

bounsmith21

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing about a month ago, code P2BFB, CEL and exhaust modes not changing. Tech found circuit CBK03 corroded and split about an inch from the connector. They ordered an new pigtail and repaired and it has been good since.