Cancelled my order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

colt.smithson

Reaction score
Deposit paid with trade assessment 3 months ago. Awesome $67k gray s-crew spec, anxiously awaited. Not a whisper since.

Historically I get a new vehicle about every 6-12 months, counting work leases, wife, step-daughter, and summer-only cars. So, I'm no stranger to the process. The gen 2 is a botched launch.

The way I see it, if I really really want the truck then I am going to suffer. If I don't, then why is the dealership sitting on my deposit? The only voice I have is my dollar. I'll shop other brands.

Good luck guys.

You made someone really happy when the dealer just called the next person on their long list.

jsstalli

Reaction score
But on the other hand... The release date was stated to be late fall. Winter starts December 21, so it's not even late fall yet.

I don't give a damn if they say late fall or early spring! If they gave out estimated delivery dates, like they did btw, and they can't even release them within a month of that supposed ETA to dealer then yea people should be pissed off. This isn't an iPhone people are waiting to be released that cost $500, it's a $70k truck. Shit has to be taken care of on the customers end with the bank and Ford can't even have the common decency to communicate the least bit with us. That's ****** customer service. Hell even dealers don't know what the **** is going on so I'm not mad at them. I've ordered many high end cars and first year releases and this has been an absolute joke. Luckily for ford I want it bad enough to put up with the ******** and so do plenty of other people. Maybe they will throw in a free map update since there's a good chance ours will be out of date by the time we receive them.

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deposit paid with trade assessment 3 months ago. Awesome $67k gray s-crew spec, anxiously awaited. Not a whisper since.

Historically I get a new vehicle about every 6-12 months, counting work leases, wife, step-daughter, and summer-only cars. So, I'm no stranger to the process. The gen 2 is a botched launch.

The way I see it, if I really really want the truck then I am going to suffer. If I don't, then why is the dealership sitting on my deposit? The only voice I have is my dollar. I'll shop other brands.

Good luck guys.

cool_story_bro.gif

Czoudon

Reaction score
I think some of this comes down to the Pre-Order status of the truck and I would think that this is something Ford was going to use to gauge interest and plan how many they would need to build this year to meet demand. I certainly have been hoping for sooner but my expectation was February from the get go. That is what my dealer told me it would be as to not set a false expectation with me. Sounds like there are quite a few dealers out there that are attempting to simply make money off the hype.

...and so I wait and keep building a larger down payment in the mean time.

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered early sept and my dealer told me feb as well... on the call today I was told late dec

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't give a damn if they say late fall or early spring! If they gave out estimated delivery dates, like they did btw, and they can't even release them within a month of that supposed ETA to dealer then yea people should be pissed off. This isn't an iPhone people are waiting to be released that cost $500, it's a $70k truck. Shit has to be taken care of on the customers end with the bank and Ford can't even have the common decency to communicate the least bit with us. That's ****** customer service. Hell even dealers don't know what the **** is going on so I'm not mad at them. I've ordered many high end cars and first year releases and this has been an absolute joke. Luckily for ford I want it bad enough to put up with the ******** and so do plenty of other people. Maybe they will throw in a free map update since there's a good chance ours will be out of date by the time we receive them.

It's not late fall yet, so why should they throw in a free map update when they didn't lie to anyone? Oh well...they may lose a few impatient customers, but there are plenty more wating in line.

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good luck guys.

It your money, do what you want. Good luck man!
Tone