Can You Hear Me Now? "Dearborn, We Have a Problem"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dan, if you are still having this problem, before you visit your "stealer" , access your APIM ( the component you guys are doing your secondary USB mod to) and with the key off, unplug the APIM, wait a few minutes and plug it back in. This will likely fix your concern.

APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module)

FSM

Thanks Damon. I tried it this weekend but it didn't fix the problem (and you'll see why below).

I just got a call from my Service Writer and my Raptor is fixed. The TSB for the microphone involves putting in a new "remote" microphone which replaces the one built into the rearview mirror (which no longer functions once the TSB work has been done). Seems there was something wrong with the replacement mike and my Raptor is not the only one to have problem (obviously since there is a TSB on it). Brian has had this problem with his replacement mike too.

So we'll see how long this mike (mike #3 counting the original stock unit) lasts until I get to go back again.

This, to me, is kind of surprising since Ford has a good amount of experience with their SYNC system in vehicles. I wonder why this is happening and if it's unique to the Raptor (could be a hardware supplier issue or a design issue peculiar to the Raptor).

JoyJoy

Uber
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Big J mumbles and apparently I have too much Jersey going on in my voice for her to understand. She's lucky Jason turns it off before I get too annoyed.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tonight my Raptor's going to the dealership for service and for yet another replacement microphone (replacement #3, microphone #4 counting the factory unit in the rearview mirror) so I can resume yelling instructions to the female voice that doesn't hear me. Well, maybe she hears me but she's ignoring me.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
raptors-fan--bitch--basketball-tee-shirt-jersey-es.jpg

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got the new microphone installed today. They replaced the microphone and I asked them to not just plug a new one in replacing the previous one but to replace the wiring (per Brian's recommendation). They pulled the headliner and found "bad wiring" and they replaced it as well so I expect that this is the end of the "replace the microphone again" cycle.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the new microphone installed today. They replaced the microphone and I asked them to not just plug a new one in replacing the previous one but to replace the wiring (per Brian's recommendation). They pulled the headliner and found "bad wiring" and they replaced it as well so I expect that this is the end of the "replace the microphone again" cycle.

Whew! That has been a long time coming with the "fix". I hope this gets it resolved for you!