GEN 2 Can a Gen2 tow the StarCraft super light 262RL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highwayman

Reaction score
Generally these questions are asked and majority do the opposite, because of $$$.

As said earlier, you're over GCVR and no way I'd tow it and not with family in the ride.... If you have to keep the Raptor get a used 3/4.

It doesn't take much for you to be going "for a ride" with that setup and if you do you can count on insurance flipping you the bird... Let alone liability if someone else is hurt with you the cause.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Winnebago MicroMinnie 2100BH, bunkhouse model. Comes lifted with torsion axles and 30” tires, and equipped with solar. I think the non-bunkhouse models have a queen bed. It’s 22ft and roughly 5-5500lbs loaded. Goes great with WDH and anti sway.

They are pricey for the size, but the features like torsion axles are expensive and you don’t have to worry about leaf spring issues. All lighting is LED, single slide out, And the factory solar is awesome. On sunny days will push 4 amps or so to the battery.

IMG_0352.jpegIMG_0348.jpeg

Last edited:

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at a used Starlight Super Light 262RL

View attachment 450437

The only spec that worries me is the tongue weight at 845lbs which is 45lbs over the 2017 supercrew limit

Can this be remedied by a WD hitch and maybe timbres and/or helper bags, or deavers?

I have stock suspension on my 2017 Supercrew…

My wife gave me thumbs up on spending a couple grand to make the raptor safer vs paying $100k for a superduty
There are plenty of 30 ft trailers that have less tongue weight. Grand Design Xplor has a couple of models that are 30 ft that have ~560lbs of tongue weight. Those you should have no problem towing. Keep in mind that the tongue weight is also part of your payload. So with an 845 lbs dry tongue weight you are only have about 250 lbs of payload left for all passengers and gear inside the truck. Once you load the trailer with your camping gear, add the batteries, WDH, l you'll be close to 1000 lbs of tongue weight. Which is above the truck's limit and also leaves you with only 90 lbs of payload. Not sure how much you weigh, but you, the wife and kids, and all your gear say 500lbs minimum for all of you combined and you're at 1500 lbs of payload, way above your trucks limits.