Bugs in 2024 metric dash gauges? How do I ask Ford to fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CptMorgan

Reaction score
I found three annoying bugs on my new 2024 R. Bugs you'd only see on a metric truck.

1) The mileage display shows the Raptor R should get between 0 and 8 L/100 km (29 mpg or better!).
2) One boost display shows a range of 0-3 bar (0-43 psi!!)
3) The other boost display only ever shows "0" bar (could be anywhere between 0-14 psi)

It is strange that boost can't be changed to PSI, while the tires default to PSI.

Is there a Ford tech on the forum that can pass this on? I doubt a dealer will get any help.

Attachments

• Boost 2.JPG
    Boost 2.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Mileage.JPG
    Mileage.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Boost.JPG
    Boost.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Boost 2.JPG
    Boost 2.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 60

Daneger

Reaction score
Sorry, but I have a feeling this would only be addressed in a software update. I had to let the dealer know how to fix other issues that were far less complicated than this.

Wartman

Reaction score
I noticed the range for mileage seemed way off compared to the MPG readings. I figured it was just an oversight by ford lol, but hopefully we see an update in the future.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ll want to ask your dealer to submit a “Report a Vehicle Concern” using your VIN. One of the reporting criteria is “product concerns that will negatively impact customer satisfaction”. Your concern fits into that category.

Be sure to forward them your photos to include as well. That puts it directly in front of engineering for consideration.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@CptMorgan If you have forscan you might be able to get it to show in English measurements rather than Metric. Doesn't solve the problem but may be a option for now? only problem is i dont see a measurement for just the boost. Meaning it would have to change the region to us on all of the measurements and that may be more annoying.

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@FordTechOne to the rescue yet again. :favorites13:

I had an interesting time with the dash when I crossed over to Canada last year when the system did its automatic adjustment over to metric but for some reason kept some gauges in US and in particular the speedometer which then showed the maximum 100 KM limit at the 100 MPH mark. Fortunately I noticed the problem before having the RCMP pull me over and confiscate my vehicle. :) It did correct itself after being turned off and back on but it was interesting for a while.

Last edited: