Broken sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ograptor

ograptor

Reaction score
Well. Its a first for me. And i guess ive been driving it for the last 3k miles without a functioning swaybar. So, i guess i wont worry about it and focus on the other things. Like shocks, tranny pan with drain plug, dipstick, ect.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the sawy bar out in 2015 after reading of a couple other who had and liked the over all feel.... and have never looked back. I haven't had any negative. Minimal body roll changes. Nothing concerning to me on abrupt maneuvers such as dodging deer on the highway, or swrerving to tag a gopher or coyote on the shoulder. At the limiter I can see the nose float a bit against the horizon on a smooth road, but I don't drive at that speed much. It did greatly improve the ride over bumps allowing the wheels to move more independently of each other.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i took the it off my gen1 when i put kings on.. didnt really notice it much unless you really turned in quick..

still have it on my gen2, but should probably do some testing without..

the over all ride quality on the gen1 was worth it alone.. especially offroad, sand dunes or bumpy trails

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Well i took it off right after work for the drive home. Definitely noticed over the normal bumps. Not a huge difference in the turns with oe shocks/geiser springs on low.

Mine is also rusting in the same location as @ograptor . The opposite side was worse.

Attachments

• IMG_1402.jpeg
    IMG_1402.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 14