Blacked out Back Up Cam Oval

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made one from a clear palstic rocker panel shield I buy on a 20' x 5 1/2 " wide roll from Pepe Boys. Cabellas has it under a product called TRIMBRITE. I put this stuff on all my bike tanks and places I don't want scratches. It comes off with no residue.

I made a template from tape, many small pieces, peel it off and then placed it on a piece of thick paper from a box lid and made a paper template from the tape one. Then trace it and cut it out. I then scuffed up the non stickt side and shot Puewter rattle can on it. Its so so. I may do one in the same stuff sept its black grained texture. Here are a few pics. It took about an hour to make. Its not perfect and I will do another when this one gets messed up.

BDRAG

dude, you should visit the forum before you finish your 12 pack.. :********:

lol....

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going back to the graphics guy in a week or 2, I'll see what's up.

Sorry forgot to update this thread..... When I went back to the guy and inquired about making a few dozen custom Ford logos for the forum, he got all sketched out about selling them to me to be distributed over the Internet.... He cited copyright issues, etc.

Any graphics shop in the world can make them for you guys though..... As the ********* hippies say: "go local"

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Freaking out over copyright issues? I understand that, nobody wants to go to jail or pay fines...

But I wonder where he's getting his ovals from then?

I forget which thread it was in, but I PM'd one of the members here requesting a link to one of the on-line places that sells colored ovals. Apparently, Ford gets these sites shut down if they get too much attention for copyright issues...

But the site I went to, the guy clearly posts a disclaimer on his board that he is using OEM Factory Emblems and simply modifying them... so what's wrong with that? That'd be like telling me I can't paint my Raptor purple if I wanted to, its still a factory truck.