Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think people misunderstood my comment as hating on the truck. My comment was pointing out that by definition of the class it doesn't fit. Which is why I phrased it as a question being unsure if that's cheating.

I am glad ford is entering with the truck, I am also happy to see that manufacturers are supporting the marketing of the sport. However I also believe in a certain level of integrity for the sport, and that classes should be held to that standard in which was set.

I apologize, I forgot how sensitive everyone is about the gen 2 on FRF. I'll be sure to post more group thought comments rather than spike general discussion and challenge you to think.

My bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LSBRaptor

Reaction score
To the point of this forum

Does anyone know how it's doing? It started today? Has anyone seen it running? Does anyone have video of it driving? It would be nice to get eyes on with a fresh look? Can anyone give actual information about it beside crying about the upgraded shocks that your going to do anyways!!!!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My God, children... If you read through this whole thread your head is going to explode. Every other post is someone arguing about how much better the first one is and what they should have done to the second one or why it shouldn't be considered "stock" because they did some changes to the spring compression rate and the 3.0's.

Just let the damn thing race. It can't go more than 10 feet forward before someone has to interject their opinion. If you want to make a change, I suggest putting your application in to the Ford Performance department. Otherwise, accept the truck for what it is. Faults, peculiarities, or high-notes and leave it at that. It's the next generation of an already great truck and it's going to carry the torch onward.

This whole Gen 1/Gen 2 debate has never bothered me before, but reading though 17 pages of people picking at this and that about it, instead of just letting it race. Be happy Ford even produces this truck and goes out to the desert with it in the first place. Now lets kindly get back to the actual topic of this thread, the new Raptor out racing this weekend.

#RantOver

EygMTCR.png

Hahaha ok, we'll just all not have opinions about what we do and don't like. This is what forums are about, mods, pics, ideas, opinions, discussions, and bickering. It comes with the territory. Besides, it's not racing, it would have to have actual competition in its class to be racing lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh boy if you hated that engine before you are gonna be spitting fire!!!!!
its on instagram I can not transfer it to here go to instagram and put in #parker425 and you will see and hear the truck drive buy. absolutely no rumble sounds like a regular f150 :(

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

watched it several times its not going very fast so I guess not big sound???

OP
OP
Chris's FX4

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
its on instagram I can not transfer it to here go to instagram and put in #parker425 and you will see and hear the truck drive buy. absolutely no rumble sounds like a regular f150 :(

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

This one?: @racesafely - Stock class #fordraptor lap 1. #parker425 #bitd... - Pikore

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Another pic

12558649_1642798475980352_795674008_n.jpg

12558438_1563756130612777_1065641824_n.jpg

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm sure the speakers in the cab make it sound like Robbie's truck though.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't tell the sound from that clip unfortunately since he's practically idling.

But if they keep up that pace, I'd say they have a good chance of making the finish line. Monday, tuesday at the latest.