Behind the grill mounting options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Basler

Reaction score
John,
Thank you.I did get back to Northeast safe. In regards to order I did get everything the rails arrived seperate today. The Lights and Brackets along with your proprietary wiring is truly a work of art. For anyone with Raptor or Bronco Raptor SPV is the only place you should look. John spent hours with me and my OCD helping get a lot of what I’m working on for lighting.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have 2024 R with Modular bumper. I currently went with Baja SR 2 lights and want to relocate Sensor when can. The Baja lights each have 2450 lumen so combined 4900 Lumen or one set cubes. . I could get 13k + with 3 sets of cube lights I have 3 sets behind lower grill and 5 cubes in lower number adding 2 10 inch laser Onx6 upper behind grill . I am looking for a bumper end cap that will install on Modular bumper and hold 3 sets cubes and relocate sensor. I like this look best for my trucks.

I will see what I can figure out Mark.... I promise... Like I said, I just need some time to digest that area next. But doing those Laser XL80's on the A-Pillar like we spoke of will be the BOMB!

John

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
John,
Thank you.I did get back to Northeast safe. In regards to order I did get everything the rails arrived seperate today. The Lights and Brackets along with your proprietary wiring is truly a work of art. For anyone with Raptor or Bronco Raptor SPV is the only place you should look. John spent hours with me and my OCD helping get a lot of what I’m working on for lighting.
Thanks Mark!

If it can be done on the Fogs, I am telling you, I will get it done. Just bare with me.

John

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You mean the Baja Designs S2 lights (replacing the factory Rigid). As I said, our bracket WILL work with the mod bumper BUT the downside is you WILL lose the front sensor, as Ford built it into the fog opening (ugh!). If you're okay with that for now you can go with our kit right away and later on figure out how to re-locate that sensor somewhere else.

Here's a shot of me holding up our triple fog bracket during an install on a Raptor R (we were doing the S2 direct replacement, as we make our own brackets to replace the Rigid lights with Baja Designs S2). I decided to try out our brackets and sure enough, our gen3 brackets FIT... again, sensor can't be re-installed BUT we got 3 lights...

This is a photo of our bracket with 1 light on it to test to see if the bracket fit. But you could fit 3x Squadrons. On the Mod bumper I would actually recommend 2x Squadrons and 1x S2 per side though

1724381405802.png

Here is a shot from the rear showing our bracket
1724381430024.png

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You mean the Baja Designs S2 lights (replacing the factory Rigid). As I said, our bracket WILL work with the mod bumper BUT the downside is you WILL lose the front sensor, as Ford built it into the fog opening (ugh!). If you're okay with that for now you can go with our kit right away and later on figure out how to re-locate that sensor somewhere else.

Here's a shot of me holding up our triple fog bracket during an install on a Raptor R (we were doing the S2 direct replacement, as we make our own brackets to replace the Rigid lights with Baja Designs S2). I decided to try out our brackets and sure enough, our gen3 brackets FIT... again, sensor can't be re-installed BUT we got 3 lights...

This is a photo of our bracket with 1 light on it to test to see if the bracket fit. But you could fit 3x Squadrons. On the Mod bumper I would actually recommend 2x Squadrons and 1x S2 per side though

View attachment 464293

Here is a shot from the rear showing our bracket
View attachment 464294

Appreciate it Adam. Ours will bolt there too. If he wanted something that blocked off light because the pocket hole is smaller than the full size lights and they couldn't slide forward, we could have done the same thing.. but we prefer to coach and help people with proper fitting upgrades. Not throwing the leftover repurposed round peg in a square hole scenario. Unless that's what they insist on.
Mark didn't though that's why if you can read above. He wants a solution designed to fit. You may not have also read, but he already purchased his behind the grille kits, fog and rear light kits from us.

John

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
how much work is the grill removal?

Honestly with our kit it's not that difficult. The hardest part on the Raptors is you have to get the trim panel off and to do that you have to pop out the fender flare. that is the most daunting part if you've never done it before.

You actually don't need to remove the entire fender flare, just pop the first few tabs out from the front. Then youl'll be able to pry it up enough to get to any bolts behind it you have to remove, then you can remove your trim piece (lower piece) and then the grill.

It's pretty easy once you understand how it works (watch some videos). You can't PULL OUT on the fender flare, you'll break the plastic clip. It basically sits into a channel. Use a plastic trim removal tool to pry up the fender and then use another plastic trim tool to PUSH the plastic connector down. This will dislodge it from the truck itself. Once you see how it clips in you'll go "OHHH I GET IT, THIS IS EASY" thats why i recmomend youtube how to do it the first time

Check out our kits here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/shop-all/kr-off-road-behind-the-grill-kit/