Bedslide Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my Bedslide S this week and got it installed. I went for the S in order to get the centerline Bedtrax t-slot set-up and didn't want the rails that come with the classic. The 65" x 48.5", model 1-6548-S is the one I got. The application guide shows it fits 01-current F-150 Raptors, and 4x4parts.com shows it as a universal fit, but neither pop up as a fit for a 2021 Raptor, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

The instructions generally suck and after the fact, I realized they have separate directions for an aluminium bed F-150s, which probably would have worked better. They also have a seperate install kit, which they don't mention anywhere when purchasing as it says it comes with everything you need. I don't think this the kit would work for the Gen 3 Raptor anyway because you need direct access to the underside of the bed and this Raptor has supports running across that area.

Using the original instructions, the rear two mounting points didn't intersect the bed at the top of the floor ribs, so I used 5, 5/16 washers on each side ensure contact between the mounting bracket and the bed/bed rivet, which also worked to get the bed rivet installed where their rivet install tool did not work for me. All said and done I got it installed, but took a little extra ingenuity and a trip to the hardware store to make this work.

It is actually a nice unit for the money ($876 vs. $1593 Classic). The deck is a super lightweight honeycomb aluminum construction with a bedliner material on the surface. The frame is steel. It runs on two sealed bearings where the more expensive slide brands have upward of six. It can handle up to 1,000 lbs evenly spaced and has a 3/4 extension, both limitations of the dual bearing system, but plenty for what I would use it for.

Lesson learned, if you go this route or with the classic, look at using the cross member mounting points as an alternative to the braces on the sides. They are bolted on, so presumably could be removed.

Installed.
2D8D502B-F435-4925-955B-F6499C8EA762_1_105_c.jpeg

The frame without the deck. You can see the mounting points.
D7E569B1-658B-45A7-B966-5CD432EB8859_1_105_c.jpeg

A mounting point built up with washers.
IMG_9547.jpeg

The action is pretty smooth. This is down a slight decline in the driveway, not motorized, lol!
View attachment IMG_9565-1.mov

Last edited:

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is pretty slick. I have the decked system but I’ve seen guys put the slide on top or a version of it. Makes sense so you don’t have to roll the top and climb in there.

OP
OP
RotorOver

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is pretty slick. I have the decked system but I’ve seen guys put the slide on top or a version of it. Makes sense so you don’t have to roll the top and climb in there.
Thanks! Yeah, just saw that set-up on a truck with a topper. What a great set-up!