Bed Rug fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slideways247

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows what major differences there are between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 beds. I have a chance to buy a Gen 2 bed rug for a good price for my Gen 1. I looked on the bedrug site and it shows a different part number, but sometimes the changes are so minor that it could still work. Thanks.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows what major differences there are between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 beds. I have a chance to buy a Gen 2 bed rug for a good price for my Gen 1. I looked on the bedrug site and it shows a different part number, but sometimes the changes are so minor that it could still work. Thanks.
They're die cut to fit the grooves, so it's not just dimensional. I had a BR in my '03 Dodge and loved it. The one I bought in 2020 is hot garbage. I will never buy another one. I'd rather have a rubber mat.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Better have a good seal on your cover. I have a bed rug and it’s wet constantly and it smells. Not sure why people like these things lol
That's why I went with the BedTred instead of the Bedrug! It has a hard texture top cover that resembles a spray in liner with a open cell foam below. Water runs off it, I hose down my bed frequently and never have a water issue or bad smell.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
That's why I went with the BedTred instead of the Bedrug! It has a hard texture top cover that resembles a spray in liner with an open cell foam below. Water runs off it, I hose down my bed frequently and never have a water issue or bad smell.
I’ll look into that. Thanks!

My hard cover is from 2013 so it’s vintage