Bed Cap / Camper Shell Photos and Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t want the sag that a top would cause plus the cost of a top. I went with the Diamondback since I needed the locking security. I’ve been very happy with it.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t want the sag that a top would cause plus the cost of a top. I went with the Diamondback since I needed the locking security. I’ve been very happy with it.

Fair enough. I had a retrax prior to the cap, but i found the bed space was quite limited and i got tired of my dog riding with me in the cab.....and i think shells look BA.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough. I had a retrax prior to the cap, but i found the bed space was quite limited and i got tired of my dog riding with me in the cab.....and i think shells look BA.
I know. I kinda wanted a shell but the price and possible sag kept me away. I figure if the DB doesn't fit well, I'll sell it and go with that top. I like that factory look over some of the other new modular caps.

MORaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know. I kinda wanted a shell but the price and possible sag kept me away. I figure if the DB doesn't fit well, I'll sell it and go with that top. I like that factory look over some of the other new modular caps.
Oh yes....the modular caps looks like crap. The only appeal is they ship to your house and you build it!

MFouts

Reaction score
How does the 360 camera work when installing a shell? Do you just lose the one aiming to the bed? Does it effect the system at all if the camera is covered?

grendel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the 360 camera work when installing a shell? Do you just lose the one aiming to the bed? Does it effect the system at all if the camera is covered?
Yes. It still works, but you obviously cannot see into the bed.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How is everyone dealing with dust? I had a ton of dust in the back of my bed after a trip with the Diamond Back cover on. It's making a tight seal. The dust seems to be getting in at the bottom of the tailgate. I have a pretty substantial gap there. Anyone else?

grendel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is everyone dealing with dust? I had a ton of dust in the back of my bed after a trip with the Diamond Back cover on. It's making a tight seal. The dust seems to be getting in at the bottom of the tailgate. I have a pretty substantial gap there. Anyone else?
I drove mine from Colorado, through Baja for two months, and then back to Colorado. I'm not sure you can cannot escape dust. My cap had a very good seal, and I was happy with it. The boxes I had on the roof (Thule) got dust in those too. Neither was too bad. I bagged everything. Anything I didn't want exposed got put into some kind of bag. There are cheap, BIG yellow bags (banana bags?) that can swallow several soft bags and/or suitcases. As long as you don't need to get into them often, they work great.