Beating a dead horse, I know. Cam Phasers replaced, now low oil pressure warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If Ford agrees to provide a new engine, I'm sure the dealer will be made culpable for some part of the cost, probably installation but I'm just spitballing here. Also, why bother tearing the old motor down if you are provided a new one?

OP
OP
R

raptor52

Reaction score
If Ford agrees to provide a new engine, I'm sure the dealer will be made culpable for some part of the cost, probably installation but I'm just spitballing here. Also, why bother tearing the old motor down if you are provided a new
Maybe, maybe not. The dealer would need to found at some fault.

The teardown is to prove a point and a bet that I’m willing to take. I don’t believe Ford should be the one taking care of the bill if this is dealer workmanship error.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending who does tear down and there is something obvious like leaving a shop towel inside im pretty sure your sol

I wouldnt trust the same dealer doing the tear down and they wont care what someone else finds. whoever does it see if they can record the whole process

OP
OP
R

raptor52

Reaction score
Small Update: After not receiving a callback about DTCs on Friday I called and spoke with the Service Manager again this morning. He hasn't had the opportunity to get them from the tech. He did say he knew it had something to do with with oil pressure. Said he'd get back with me, nothing about Ford Assistance.

RRR19-Mike

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, was the powertrain control module (PCM) ever reprogramed per recall under 21B10? I purchased my truck used and was able to obtain the OASIS report from a service manager which covers warranty service work performed. The PCM was reprogramed per the recall when the new cam phasers were installed.