Axle problem on 2017 Raptors (news)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From Jorge on facebook confirming a rumor about axle issues on the 2017 Raptor.

"Ok so here is the scoop right from DTP.

Raptor production has stopped as of today (no eta as to when it will be flipped on).

There is a problem with the rear axle (no details as to what is is).

All produced Raptors are being shipped to Roush (Plymouth) for rework (I don't have any details in regards to what is wrong or what the rework entails.

I will keep you guys posted."

*gets out the popcorn*

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Christ I hope not. ALL three of my Gen 1 raptors had bad FRONT axles/IWE's and ALL three where factory buy backs... My 17 KR F350 comes in 10/24. I might just get that one and wait for the '18 Raptors...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh Christ I hope not. ALL three of my Gen 1 raptors had bad FRONT axles/IWE's and ALL three where factory buy backs... My 17 KR F350 comes in 10/24. I might just get that one and wait for the '18 Raptors...

How the hell did you get the dealer to buy back the raptors when we all know the IWEs are shit? I love my truck to much to have the dealer buy it back, but if you share your ways, @The Car Stereo Company may want to go down the same path, as he has had a host of 4x4 issues with no fix.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How the hell did you get the dealer to buy back the raptors when we all know the IWEs are shit? I love my truck to much to have the dealer buy it back, but if you share your ways, @The Car Stereo Company may want to go down the same path, as he has had a host of 4x4 issues with no fix.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

Lemon law in Maryland. Dealer did not buy them Ford did. After 3rd one I got my 15 F350.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Axil rumors have any detial? mechanical setup or the electronics for the locker?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes its really true, but have not heard any real detail on what the issue is. And since I hear its only Raptor related it must be something specific to the raptor, and what I heard was Front Diff not rear

Last edited: