Average Ford dealer experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
vill

vill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally, they are terrible. The old small Ford dealerships out in the country areas are the only ones I like to deal with.

Our closest dealer at least has an above average service depot, which is rare.
It is a smaller dealer. It has 4 salesman and 1 sales manager. That’s why I don’t understand how there was “mix up”.

RUFdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of crooks, unfortunately this behavior is the norm in the car business. Take solace there will be another new sales manager in a few months. Dealers go through them like underwear. My dealer is on the third one this year.
Best option might be to find one on the lot somewhere and try to get a decent deal at the end of the month. Cash talks with these guys. Smaller dealers seem to be the worst.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What a bunch of crooks, unfortunately this behavior is the norm in the car business. Take solace there will be another new sales manager in a few months. Dealers go through them like underwear. My dealer is on the third one this year.
Best option might be to find one on the lot somewhere and try to get a decent deal at the end of the month. Cash talks with these guys. Smaller dealers seem to be the worst.

I find the opposite to be true most of the time. The smaller stealerships, particularly once not swallowed up by a conglomerate, tend to serve their community and won’t survive with tactics like that. Unfortunately for the consumer, Ford rewards the high volume stealerships with large numbers of Ford Performance allocations and in turn these stealerships tend to charge the highest ADM. I speak in generalities, there are exceptions.

Finding one on the lot, large downpayment, ready to buy, and letting them give you financing (you can pay it off with your financing or money) will move more mountains from what I’ve seen.

I’ve only negotiated on 3 limited or allocation builds, my old Ducati, the Rap and my Dark Horse. Only the latter I’ve scored under MSRP and they were pretty hard nosed with add ons. I got them down, but not eliminated. I took one last look around and had nothing close to this deal so I did it. I didn’t see anything inbound or in stock close to what I wanted and wasn’t about to wait over a year for an order. I’m not the world’s best negotiator by a long shot, but I do know when to walk away from a bad deal if nothing else.
But... I find negotiating through the ADM büllshǐt exhausting and draining. If I’m being completely honest, I was about 90 minutes from walking out on the Dark Horse. It was clean, but not fully PDI’d, so I had a bunch to check.

Sorry this happened @vill, it’s scummy behavior. But, I believe you’ll land a truck as good or better and probably a better deal for you anyway.

Arizona Free

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford themselves were no help. The explained how each ford dealer is their own entity and they can’t do much about it. I’ll look into granger ford tho.
In my experience, I called and wrote the BOD at Ford many letters, complaining about the stealerships unethical business practices. Although Ford said all the right things the truth is Ford only has control over the dealerships as it is to the amount of cars they sell. How they sell them Ford has zero control. Thanks to the nationwide dealership agreements, the dealerships can do any dame thing they want and Ford can’t do anything about it. So most stealerships are unethical.