Aux fuse keep blowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, having an odd issue. I have 4 Rigid pod lights connected to my Aux1 switch (30A) and I keep blowing a fuse. Based on what I have found here, https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/amperage-on-aux-switches.75688/, I should be able to run the 2 sets of pods (Rigid D-Series spot and flood) on AUX 1 switch. I quickly checked and the wiring and I did not find anything odd and I have them run in the plastic wire covers so they should not be rubbing/shorting out. Per spec each light draws 2.14 amps so I should only be using half the amperage on the switch

Am I missing something? These should not pop the fuse, correct?

Last edited:

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Hey guys, having an odd issue. I have 4 Rigid pod lights connected to my Aux1 switch (30A) and I keep blowing a fuse. Based on what I have found here, https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/amperage-on-aux-switches.75688/, I should be able to run the 2 sets of pods (Rigid D-Series spot and flood) on AUX 1 switch. I quickly checked and the wiring and I did not find anything odd and I have them run in the plastic wire covers so they should not be rubbing/shorting out. Per spec each light draws 2.14 amps so I should only be using half the amperage on the switch

Am I missing something? These should not pop the fuse, correct?
Any follow up on this issue?

OP
OP
Chzhead

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I took a look at the wiring and I di not see any open/cut wires, everything looks good. I didn't have time to completely open all the wiring but most of it is tape/sheathed so it should be OK. Maybe moisture getting into the wire splice? I'll see if I can find some time to redo the connections and see if that helps. Maybe put some dielectric in the light connections, too. They are grounded at the same point that my large light bar is and that's been fine so it can't be the ground.......shrug.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
I would try disconnecting one set of lights at a time and see if you can narrow it down to one set. If it still blows a fuse with only one set connected and not the other set, you have an issue with that set. if it still blows the fuse with either one set connected than you surely have a short.

OP
OP
Chzhead

Chzhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try disconnecting one set of lights at a time and see if you can narrow it down to one set. If it still blows a fuse with only one set connected and not the other set, you have an issue with that set. if it still blows the fuse with either one set connected than you surely have a short.
Good idea but the weird thing is it doesn't always happen. Since installing them about 3 years ago I've blown 4 fuses. I don't use them all the time and its blown at random. Just odd.