Another Rattle Post - Any Ideas? 2020 GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juicehead

Reaction score
Just noticed this in the past couple days, only 30k on the truck.

EDIT: Update for anyone who may come across this thread with same issue. Ended up being Cam Phasers.

View attachment 436574

Last edited:

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes sounds like rod knock or burnt valve. Don’t let me freak you out as I’m not a mechanic and hard to tell in video but had similar sounds in my old drag car. Rod was more loud metal and valve was more air/exhaust leak but both go up and down with the rpm.

OP
OP
J

Juicehead

Reaction score
What's your oil pressure? Is the level good? What year?

Oil pressure good, will check level. Weird thing though. About a week ago I was in sport mode and accelerating, then had to let off, then oil pressure warning came on, I shut down the truck and it reset, so I figure something wonky occurred with a sensor.

I was just about to change oil this weekend in fact.

It is a 2020

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oil pressure good, will check level. Weird thing though. About a week ago I was in sport mode and accelerating, then had to let off, then oil pressure warning came on, I shut down the truck and it reset, so I figure something wonky occurred with a sensor.

I was just about to change oil this weekend in fact.

It is a 2020
Did you check the oil level? Sounds like it may have been low, hence the pressure warning and possible damage.

OP
OP
J

Juicehead

Reaction score
Did you check the oil level? Sounds like it may have been low, hence the pressure warning and possible damage.
So I broke out my code reader and there was a left over code low oil pressure (cant remember code # now) and p0016 (cam phaser?). I cleared them and they have not returned, oil level was fine, changed it to be sure and put new gas in, issue still there. Guess I will have a visit with service next week.