Ambient Lighting Installation Part 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sharkhunt

Reaction score
Yep. Same. Spent a few hours with the kiddo and sis did and the clock spring and ac control swap. Everything went to plan.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, if you've already swapped the digital temp, but want to do the rest, what steps can you omit? I had my dealership do my temp dials last year, but now I want to do the rest. Do I still need to take the trim off the dash if thats already done?

It appears to me that I would just need to do the glovebox and center console. Unless there is a need to be able to reach behind the HVAC?

Also, there is another post that said 2022 trucks already have the harnesses. Was that not the case for your truck? I just want ot make sure I have everything.

Reaction score
Yes you would still need to take the trim pieces off. They are kinda layered and the cup holder is the last piece and is under all of them. So the trim piece around the infotainment, silver trim panel between glove boxes that houses the start button, the two trim panel on the sides of the cup holder, unscrew HVAC control, then the cup holder. It’s really not that bad. I did it twice because I hooked the wiring harness up incorrectly and the cup holders didn’t light up. The second time I took it apart it took me 30 mins to undo and put back together. If I do the HVAC controls in the future should only take 10 minutes now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustBud