ADD stealth front bumper skid plate removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone has an idea on how to remove the skid plate without removing the entire bumper on an ADD stealth front bumper. I called ADD and tech support said this was designed this way. The problem is that the nut behind the skid plate is impossible to reach. any suggestions? My thought is to weld the nuts so the bolts could easily be removed.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Former ADD Stealth Bumper owner here. This was one my biggest gripes about that bumper (and rusting), especially trying to get to the oil filter, which is why I ditched it. Not much of a help here but I’ve heard that ADD started to weld those nuts from factory but not confirmed. Welding may be the only option.

OP
OP
raptorberkeley
Reaction score
I had asked my local mechanic to replace the receiver on the winch as the truck came with warm winch but no remote. I also asked to remove the bumper to tac weld all the nuts for the skid plate. My mechanic decided it’s too much trouble to remove the bumper to access the winch, instead he made a 4x4” cut on the skid plate and told me it will give me an easier access with a hole on my skid plate. F……..king Idiot…ahhhhhhhh. 2 hr job became 6 hr shit show. I now have a working winch with a hole on my ADD skid plate. Now waiting for ADD to get me a quote for a new skid plate.

Spike Spiegel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the Clip nut rout, but I think I bought the wrong ones because the plate wouldn't sit flush anymore. I ended up using nut certs on the top 4 and welding bolts to the other ones. I have the clip nuts if you want to try them. I will send them to you for free.

OP
OP
raptorberkeley
Reaction score
That’s generous of you to offer. If you could just take a picture of the clip nut you used and link where you ordered that would be enough. Thank you

OP
OP
raptorberkeley
Reaction score
I’m waiting for my skid plate replacement. ADD estimate 3-4wks to arrive. I’ll have to grind out some of the bolts to remove the skid plate. I’ll try the clip nut route. If not, planning to weld.

raptorsub

Reaction score
Oh man I feel ya on this! I have a ADD Bomber bumper. It drives me nuts that I can't remove the plate! It makes changing the oil filter a pain. I'm thinking about having a shop weld nuts on the backside.