About To Be Delivered! Anything I Need To Know??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Change it, FDFTS. It's $60 investment in a $40,000+ investment.

A deprecating asset is never an "investment". If they come out with a new model raptor then the max I plan on keeping her is 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually do the first oil change around 3000 then go to every 5k

NDPUTNAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on putting about 2,000 miles on my truck the first 2 days I have her to get back home. I would think I would be okay to get back before changing any fluids? Comes in on Saturday!

D

Deleted member 12951

^I look forward to seeing how that works out for you, friend.

I am not doing anything that is not recommended by the owners manual nor cause any warranty concerns. My last F-150, I changed oil only when the IOLM told me too as according to the manual which was close to 10,000 miles. I didn't get one dime more for changing the oil sooner nor was it even asked when trading it into the dealership to affect resale value.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
changing the oil at 1k will have zero affect on warranty.

I changed mine at 1500. Could you go to 10,000 and notice anything negative? Yes, but you can't exactly see inside the engine either.

Others reading this, ignore the asinine comments, and look up the benefits to an early oil change.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah, the owner's manual. Is it a veritable compendium of automotive and off-road wisdom, or is it a kluged together Frankenstein's monster of the legal and marketing departments? (Pop Quiz: Question No. 1 - How many warning and caution boxes are in the manual? Question No. 2 - How many superlatives are in the manual?)

Personally, I sincerely doubt that going 10,000 miles between oil changes is sound vehicular maintenance. It's not just the mileage, it's also the age of the oil. As oil ages it gets increasingly acidic, and acid is BAD. But it's also the mileage. As oil runs through the engine it is subject to sheering, and that progressively turns 5W-20 motor oil into 4W-15, then 3W-10, etc. The longer you let it go, the poorer the lubrication, the poorer the protection, and the more acidic the oil becomes. This is why we do oil changes.

The first oil change is particularly critical because the break-in process produces a lot more particulents in the oil than after the break-in is complete. Those particles accumulate in the filter and reduce its efficiency. (Oh yes, the filter ages too.)

But if you don't care, then just drain out all the oil and run it dry. It'll run for a while. And if you care a little, then don't change the oil. It'll run for a while longer. It's your truck - make yourself happy. :)