650 miles - CV busted - normal driving all on road.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That don’t look like the same grease. Mine was black grease. Are you sure old Fart and his buddy “bah” was not around your axle.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That don’t look like the same grease. Mine was black grease. Are you sure old Fart and his buddy “bah” was not around your axle.
My experience with ford cv axles, I have more than I should, they use both yellow and gray/black grease with no rhyme or reason.

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found out from my dealer that Ford believes that the transport company is pinching the boots when they cinch them down for the train ride. Third one he has seen. New axle on order.
I hate to think that a single ride on a transport is enough to damage the boots.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to think that a single ride on a transport is enough to damage the boots.
If they’re running the hold down straps over the axles that will most certainly destroy the boots. Especially over thousands of miles some of these trucks are being shipped. Every time the suspension moves the strap will be pinching and chaffing against the rubber.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Found out from my dealer that Ford believes that the transport company is pinching the boots when they cinch them down for the train ride. Third one he has seen. New axle on order.
Toyota had an issue with bent gen 1 Tacoma frames. Turns out that when shipping the stacked frames by rail they ratcheted them too tightly, bending the top frame rails down and inward in exactly the same spot. Because those bends weren't near the cab or bed mounts, the trucks still managed to be straight during production and delivery, but were tweaked soon after when the new owners loaded the beds up.