6.2 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livernois sells a 6.2 long block. Comes with Forged Internals and Billet oil pump and other stuff. Its bored out to a 6.7 for 10g.

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Livernois sells a 6.2 long block. Comes with Forged Internals and Billet oil pump and other stuff. Its bored out to a 6.7 for 10g.
I went down this road when I grenaded mine a few years ago. Unless it’s changed, you have to supply the 6.2 block for them to modify.

Also, when we talked about it, they wanted the truck shipped up to their shop for installation and tuning. It was just more of a project than I could afford or wanted to get into.

Still lust after it, though!

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went down this road when I grenaded mine a few years ago. Unless it’s changed, you have to supply the 6.2 block for them to modify.

Also, when we talked about it, they wanted the truck shipped up to their shop for installation and tuning. It was just more of a project than I could afford or wanted to get into.

Still lust after it, though!
Wonder if the Predator Crate engine will hook up into the Gen 1. Its 28k on the Ford site. But when I was looking into doing a full rebuild of mine it was coming to around the same price when you factor in Super Charger and Forged Internals

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder if the Predator Crate engine will hook up into the Gen 1. It’s 28k on the Ford site. But when I was looking into doing a full rebuild of mine it was coming to around the same price when you factor in Super Charger and Forged Internals

I imagine with enough money and patience it could be done. I’d be surprised if the truck would retain stock functionality, though. Seems like there was a thread around here on it a while back, but can’t find it at the moment.

I ended up finding a Ford reman 6.2, so installed that and stuck a JDM Whipple kit on it. Makes me grin every time I drive it!

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Preety sure the only one who'd be able to offer a clean swap kit (keep the six speed trans, OE dash, etc) would be Ford, and they have no interest in us re-powering 10 year old trucks. They want us to buy a whole new truck instead.