4A mode: Pulls way to hard to the right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmer

Reaction score
My truck is pulling hard to the right and after reading a couple posts I decided to look at the load rating. It dawned on me that this problem happened after my last tire rotation and sure enough I have 3 "E" tires and one "C" rated tire and the "C" is now on the front left. I'm pretty sure that is my problem. Thanks for the help so far.

Hal993

Reaction score
2020 - in 4A, mine pulls hard to the left under acceleration. I stopped by and chatted with an SA at my dealer. He said that it is possible that one of the hubs is not engaging up front. When I say it pulls hard... if I "get on it", it is almost impossible to keep it in the lane. ... so... 4A is unusable.

At some point, I'll take it in and let them look at it - will report back.

edglock21

Reaction score
You have a sticky hub. At least, that's what it sounds like to me. Find a parking lot and roll the windows down. Put truck in 4A. At a slow speed (moving but less than 10-15mph), make a left 180deg turn and then a right 180deg turn. Listen for noises. If you hear any grinding, popping, or tapping/knocking coming from the wheels it's probably a hub assembly.
I need to try this - will report back

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing, but my issue was the tires. The truck was in a fender bender, and the body shop replaced one of the tires as part of the repair. Of course, once that rear new tire was rotated to the front on the next oil change, the truck started pulling hard towards that tire when driving on 4A. Once I replaced all 4 tires, the issue went away completely.